Knuckle Upgrade: Even Worth It?

aermotor

For a D44 up front, is doing a knuckle upgrade worth it, for strength or other? I'm sure the immediate answer is no, but I'm curious.

Of course there are the high street kits like Reid's that have been around forever, and then I saw Rancho came out with one. But I don't see any other standard knuckle replacements, I guess they aren't really a problem and no need to upgrade? I don't see many products out there, which might indicate the need/demand isn't really there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
All I can say is that I'm still running factory knuckles. Of course, I'm far from being the kind of badasses out there who will swear by Orange knuckles or the like.

Ddays

Hooked
I swear at my orange knuckles all the time. Coulda bought a Sport cage with that money. :grayno: You'd be better off the do the same.

WJCO

Meme King
I'm a badass so I went with the knuckles :cheesy: My dilemma was a custom swap with no knuckles to re-use so I would have had to buy them anyways. I went with Rancho because they were cheaper than Reid and Rancho supports the forum here. I do like that the tie rod is higher up, and the with the rocks I run over, it may help. I don't do anything very extreme. If you're into bigger rocks, it likely won't matter where the tie rod is, you will probably hit it.

jeeeep

Hooked
I went with the rancho after my driver side track bar hole got wallowed out and started giving me issues since I have a PSC ram on there.

the Rancho does make the tie-rod higher and also had to move the ram mounts higher.

I guess it'll clear a few more rocks but I figure those rocks will end up hitting something else so I better look at the path of impact that just now occurred to me :doh:

the price for a pair of Rancho knuckles wasn't that much more than the price for a single factory knuckle for me it was an easy decision.

Top Bottom