JCR Crusader rock sliders

wjtstudios

Hooked
After today's little body damage on a rock, I am firmly in the market for a set of proper rock sliders. I'm a fan of the EVO boat side bombers, but has anyone installed the JCR crusader sliders and had good experience with them holding up. If so can you shoot me some pictures of them on your jeep. IMG_7173.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Personally, I wouldn't recommend any JCR products as they are full of themselves and for no good reason. I have seen too many of their products taco on an obstacle where others have not or at least, on their front and rear bumper. For the money, there are a lot of other great companies to choose from and I would give them a look first.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Call me simple, but i would HiGHLY recommend something that welds/bolts onto your frame. My vote is for evo or LOD. Ive heard great things of LOD and have seen/personally experienced great things with evo sliders. Most around here run evo, and i promise its not a coincidence. Ive brought the entire weight of my jeep down on one slider and became high centered, no damage, no dents. Just some touch up paint on the slider. Ive seen eddie and others do the same on some wayalife videos. Theyre pricey, but better then fixing body damage. My vote is for evo. If your wanting something to use as a step, evo offers a low angle option.

tgoss

Why would you not just get the Evo boatsides if you're a fan? Just asking.

I have them and I've beat them pretty hard at the mall and target, but I mainly have them to give my parents a nice boost into the jeep when they are in town.

I have NO complaints with them at all.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I'm right there with you, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something before I invest. Thanks for all the input! I'll post them up once they are installed!

Rag Beaver

Personally, I wouldn't recommend any JCR products as they are full of themselves and for no good reason. I have seen too many of their products taco on an obstacle where others have not or at least, on their front and rear bumper. For the money, there are a lot of other great companies to choose from and I would give them a look first.
I'm new here, what does taco mean Eddie? 😂 What did JCR do that made them look full of themselves? I was recently looking at the JCR Classic sliders because they're bolt on, and can be used a step. They were able to lift the side on the jeep up with a forklift. I know they won't be near as strong as LoD or EVO sliders that are welded or bolted to the frame, but I don't want to do ANY welding or drilling. Just so if need be I can always go back easily.

Sent from my HTC One using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I'm new here, what does taco mean Eddie? [emoji23] What did JCR do that made them look full of themselves? I was recently looking at the JCR Classic sliders because they're bolt on, and can be used a step. They were able to lift the side on the jeep up with a forklift. I know they won't be near as strong as LoD or EVO sliders that are welded or bolted to the frame, but I don't want to do ANY welding or drilling. Just so if need be I can always go back easily.

Dent, fold, fail....

WJCO

Meme King
I'm new here, what does taco mean Eddie? 😂 What did JCR do that made them look full of themselves? I was recently looking at the JCR Classic sliders because they're bolt on, and can be used a step. They were able to lift the side on the jeep up with a forklift. I know they won't be near as strong as LoD or EVO sliders that are welded or bolted to the frame, but I don't want to do ANY welding or drilling. Just so if need be I can always go back easily.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431535126.290707.jpg .....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

The pic posted above accurately describes what is meant by "taco". It's the only bumper in the group that caved in like that. A few years back, I contacted them to see if they made rocker guards for an XJ and they told me that they "already own the XJ market" and didn't need my help.

jkris

The pic posted above accurately describes what is meant by "taco". It's the only bumper in the group that caved in like that. A few years back, I contacted them to see if they made rocker guards for an XJ and they told me that they "already own the XJ market" and didn't need my help.

Man they have some ill feelings toward you Eddie? That's pretty shitty of them and had I known that I would have not bought my rear bumper from them. I had many people say they were really good and I had bought from them thinking that.

To the OP, if you look at my build, I had a QC issue with JCRs Mauler rear bumper. I received it with a crack at the weld where it meets the shackle point. If I hadn't caught it before paint I would have been shit out of luck for a return (read their returns and warranty policy). If I had used that recovery point the shackle would have ripped out for sure.
I returned it and got a new one quickly but that just makes me nervous now with their products. They were friendly and corrected the issue quick but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Their engineering dept blamed a "new fabricator" on the job for applying too much heat. I'm no welding expert but I do know this can happen. But any experienced welder/ fabricator would know better. Then for it to get through their QC department makes me wonder what's going on there overall.

You can view the pics on my build thread for proof.

I for one am getting the EVO weld on sliders. I have yet seen one fail and would rather buy once than deal with failures....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Man they have some ill feelings toward you Eddie? That's pretty shitty of them and had I known that I would have not bought my rear bumper from them. I had many people say they were really good and I had bought from them thinking that.

Apparently. Can't say I've ever met the owner and don't recall ever having a run in with them in the past. That being said, I'm fully aware there are companies out there that don't care for me because I tell it like it is and/or their fanboys not liking me is enough for them to not like me too. Their loss and my gain in that I bought from another company and have since seen the quality of their products or lack there of.

Rag Beaver

Oh yeah, I can see what you mean now in both. 😂 That's pretty trashy customer service, and bumper design. Thanks Eddie!

jkris

I'm in no way bashing them. While I didn't like their excuse, they did rectify the issue quickly. And the customer support was good too. I even received a call two days ago from them to follow up on how the replacement worked out. But the flip side of this is it should have been caught and a failure at the recovery point could prove to be deadly.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Man I'm glad I read this thread. I was taking a close look at their front mauler bumper as it's one of the few I can find with a recessed winch pocket. Owell. Evo 1/4 pounder sounds good

jkris

Man I'm glad I read this thread. I was taking a close look at their front mauler bumper as it's one of the few I can find with a recessed winch pocket. Owell. Evo 1/4 pounder sounds good

I was looking at the same one but after my issue and now seeing taco salad with their dagger bumper I won't be buying their bumper.
Right now I am running the Smittybilt M.O.D. bumper that has a recessed winch. It has done the job so far and fit well when installing. My only gripes are the finish will dull over time and it's build quality seems and looks cheap, and their customer service sucks balls. Eventually I will replace it but with what I have no clue yet...

Top Bottom