Rear Upper Shock Relocation + King 2.5s

aermotor

TLDR: It won't work!

Has anyone successfully relocated their upper shock mounts using the Synergy brackets with King 2.5 shocks? I know Synergy says it's not compatible, probably because it moves it backwards and interferes with the sway bar? Seems like you could move the sway bar back just slightly perhaps.

Have the EVO Rockstars installed and shocks are very close to being over-compressed. I've read a lot about how people just put shorter shocks on, easier said than done as that's a $1,000 swap.

Looking for any ideas as well. Thanks guys.

IMG_7162.png

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I'd be willing to bet the problem is more with the rod ends of the King shocks and how big they are. More than likely, they will not fit in the brackets you're wanting or they'll make contact and interfere with the movement of the shocks.

aermotor

Actually, I'd be willing to bet the problem is more with the rod ends of the King shocks and how big they are. More than likely, they will not fit in the brackets you're wanting or they'll make contact and interfere with the movement of the shocks.

That makes sense too actually, maybe they can be trimmed, might get a pair to take a look. Thanks Eddie.

I sent Synergy an email as well to see what they say.

Last edited:

2011jk

I didn't use Kings but I had to clearance mine for the Rez hose...easy to do.

I didn't like the Rez's where they were so I welded a tube across the frame to mount them to.

Attachments

• IMG_1493.jpg
    IMG_1493.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_1502.jpg
    IMG_1502.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Has anyone successfully relocated their upper shock mounts using the Synergy brackets with King 2.5 shocks? I know Synergy says it's not compatible, probably because it moves it backwards and interferes with the sway bar? Seems like you could move the sway bar back just slightly perhaps.

Have the EVO Rockstars installed and shocks are very close to being over-compressed. I've read a lot about how people just put shorter shocks on, easier said than done as that's a $1,000 swap.

Looking for any ideas as well. Thanks guys.

IMG_7162.png

why not swap over to a 4" bumpstop? :idontknow:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I didn't like the Rez's where they were so I welded a tube across the frame to mount them to.

If it were me, I might want to rethink your exhaust dump. As it look in your photo, your driver side coil over reservoir is gonna heat up quite a bit and that'd be a bit self-defeating.

why not swap over to a 4" bumpstop? :idontknow:

Because he'd be riding on them the whole time :crazyeyes: :D

tgoss

My thought is exactly with both Eddie and 2011jk... Looking up at mine, the end of the kings is massive and especially with how the resi hose is clocked it's going to be the issue.

aermotor

Glad to hear, that's a good setup with them mounted horizontal as well. I'll need to look closer at the Kings to see if I could do something similar or not, hoping Synergy has some info as well.

aermotor

I talked to Synergy and the guy said he had one guy with King 2.5s who had an issue but was able to fix it by using some spacers or something with the bracket, he didn't know exactly.

I ordered the brackets and will see what sort of a solution I can come up with and post my findings here. I'm sure there is a way to make it work.

jeeeep

Hooked
I was about to install the rockstars but have been hesitant because I have 2.5 Kings and plan to reinstall them.

Following to see how this plays out

aermotor

The Rockstars are actually fine as long as you aren't loaded up with much weight, the problem is when you throw in a ton of gear and some friends, then it's a real issue.

I'm going to be installing air bags into my plush coils which will help a lot. I did this on my old 2007 and it made a massive difference and gives you a lot more "float" if you will. Not the easiest install, but worth it.

I'm hoping with the Synergy brackets I'll be able to gain back the extra length.

2011jk

If it were me, I might want to rethink your exhaust dump. As it look in your photo, your driver side coil over reservoir is gonna heat up quite a bit and that'd be a bit self-defeating.

I was worried about that but I've checked it many times and it wasn't a issue.

Its moot as everything is cut off and being redone.

jeeeep

Hooked
The Rockstars are actually fine as long as you aren't loaded up with much weight, the problem is when you throw in a ton of gear and some friends, then it's a real issue.

I'm going to be installing air bags into my plush coils which will help a lot. I did this on my old 2007 and it made a massive difference and gives you a lot more "float" if you will. Not the easiest install, but worth it.

I'm hoping with the Synergy brackets I'll be able to gain back the extra length.

that's my problem already, I have the plush coils and too much stuff.

I may have to go to coilovers and be done with it.

aermotor

that's my problem already, I have the plush coils and too much stuff.

I may have to go to coilovers and be done with it.

Running the air bags, even just in the coils with little to no air pressure makes a massive difference. I had my air line get snagged on something and broke but the bags are so rigid they still helped a lot for when loaded down.

I don't know if coilovers are a full fix either. Going to definitely need to stiffer springs and lots of preload. With the air bags you can dial it in a bit and keep the rear nice and firm.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if coilovers are a full fix either. Going to definitely need to stiffer springs and lots of preload. With the air bags you can dial it in a bit and keep the rear nice and firm.

Oh, trust me, I've done air bags and I currently run coil overs - they ARE a great fix. Sure, you'll want to run a heavier spring rate but with that, there is no need to add "lots of preload". Of course, on something like bolt on coil overs, you're running 2 different springs so you can arrange them in a way that will give you a good ride and still be able to take on big hits. The biggest downside to coil overs is their price.

Top Bottom