Tires

nightcrawlerjk

Are federal tires as shitty as every body says they are?

What's the best 35 inch tire to go with, I've heard a lot of good things about Toyo open country m/t tires. Need some advice as for the best overall tire.

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I have been looking at Mastercraft Courser MT's They are made by Cooper. Lighter and less expensive as well. I have found them as low as $204 for 295/70/17's.

mc2.jpeg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a weekend wheeler and I dd my Jeep this winter has been very rainy so pretty much cold wet winters and hot dry summers

Of the tires you're looking at, you really can't go wrong with a set of Toyo MT's. Great tire that's surprisingly quite for an MT, super strong sidewalls and extremely round. I don't know if I've ever needed to have a set balanced.

I have Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar sidewalls and love them. I guess it's all subjective to the kind of driving that you like to do.

I dunno. Of all the tires I've run over the last 25+ years, I have found Goodyear MTR's to be the WORST I have ever run and so wanted to love. Sure, they look great but I couldn't get mine to balance for anything, they tracked funny on the highway, were unpredictable on the rocks and had weak sidewalls. Glad you like yours but I hated mine and couldn't get rid of them fast enough.

J

JKDream

I dunno. Of all the tires I've run over the last 25+ years, I have found Goodyear MTR's to be the WORST I have ever run and so wanted to love. Sure, they look great but I couldn't get mine to balance for anything, they tracked funny on the highway, were unpredictable on the rocks and had weak sidewalls. Glad you like yours but I hated mine and couldn't get rid of them fast enough.

Agreed. I have them in 37's and they are honestly shit. Had no steering issues prior to having them mounted, Jeep tracks all over the place now.

Roadforce couldn't even get them balanced.

They are NOT good whatsoever in the snow either, obviously mud terrains aren't ideal in Winters but these are something else...

Which is unfortunate because the old MTR were actually quite good in all scenarios.

Honestly, you'd be happy with Coopers, Nittos, Toyos - They all make great tires.

Just know that Nittos & Toyos have a radial pull that the Coopers do not.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed. I have them in 37's and they are honestly shit. Had no steering issues prior to having them mounted, Jeep tracks all over the place now.

Roadforce couldn't even get them balanced.

They are NOT good whatsoever in the snow either, obviously mud terrains aren't ideal in Winters but these are something else...

Which is unfortunate because the old MTR were actually quite good in all scenarios.

Honestly, you'd be happy with Coopers, Nittos, Toyos - They all make great tires.

Just know that Nittos & Toyos have a radial pull that the Coopers do not.

Dead on and on all accounts including the radial pull! It's a shame too because like you, I really liked the old school MTR's.

trailraider

I run the Toyo m/t's and love them. we see everything weather can throw at you here and they work great year round. They arnt the best on ice , but knowing that i adjust my driving habits to accommodate. after putting these on my Jeep , it literally made me feel like i was unstoppable in the Jeep. the only thing i havn't tried to tackle is the old lady crossing the road, but i think these tires could handle it.

Top Bottom