Aev 3.5-4.5 ?

I have this lift on my jeep running 35s it's set right now at 3.5 I put a smitty bilt bumper and a winch on the front and the front is now sitting lower so my idea was could I move my lift up to the 4.5 in the front and leave it 3.5 in the back? Or would it that mess something up? I hate the this aev lift I didn't buy it. it was on it when I bought it idk for aev to be such as good high priced company there lift seems really cheap anyways any advice would be great ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1359502469.796834.jpg

JKBANDIT55

I have this lift on my jeep running 35s it's set right now at 3.5 I put a smitty bilt bumper and a winch on the front and the front is now sitting lower so my idea was could I move my lift up to the 4.5 in the front and leave it 3.5 in the back? Or would it that mess something up? I hate the this aev lift I didn't buy it. it was on it when I bought it idk for aev to be such as good high priced company there lift seems really cheap anyways any advice would be great View attachment 14285

You can add some 1" front coil spacers to the front to get your jeep leveled out. Although, that lift is made to not sag after the install of a front bumper and winch, I would call AEV and see what they prefer to add to your lift. But, like I said, spacers will get the job done. Your local 4 wheel shop will sell them for around 20 bucks a piece

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have this lift on my jeep running 35s it's set right now at 3.5 I put a smitty bilt bumper and a winch on the front and the front is now sitting lower so my idea was could I move my lift up to the 4.5 in the front and leave it 3.5 in the back? Or would it that mess something up? I hate the this aev lift I didn't buy it. it was on it when I bought it idk for aev to be such as good high priced company there lift seems really cheap anyways any advice would be great

As mentioned, you might be better off just installing a set of coil spacers. Teraflex sells them in 1/2" and 1" sizes and they are easy to install.

...that lift is made to not sag after the install of a front bumper and winch...

Yeah, I saw that in their brochure too :rolleyes2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yea but would it hurt since I'm only running it 3.5 to just move the front up to the 4.5 in setting and save my money?

The problem with coils is that it's difficult to tell for sure what they will ultimately yield. There's a good and very real chance that new coils will give you way too much lift up front and then what. If you know about how much you are sagging up front, it'd be better to just address it with spacers. But hey, that's just my opinion.

I just figured if I could just adjust the front and leave the rear it might work if not Ill use a coil spacer until I can't get the cash for a completely different long arm and coil over kit

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't be getting new coils on that lift u use the same coils and all it does is adjusts the control arms and all that

But, your coils are the only things that controls how tall you are sitting. If you use the same coils, you will still be sitting at the same height. Even if the AEV kit came with adjustable control arms, they wouldn't change your ride height.

See that's why I'm so lost with this lift? I'm about to say the heck with the hole stupid thing and take a loan out and buy a different setup! The front track bar on it crapped out on me first time I was on the rocks and the control arm drop brackets has got to be the dumbest idea ever!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
See that's why I'm so lost with this lift? I'm about to say the heck with the hole stupid thing and take a loan out and buy a different setup! The front track bar on it crapped out on me first time I was on the rocks and the control arm drop brackets has got to be the dumbest idea ever!

What happend with the front track bar? I thought their kit has you install a relocation bracket so that you can reused the factory track bar.

Regarding the drop brackets, yeah, they're nothing to write home about but, you could always remove them and install a set of adjustable front lower control arms to replace them. No matter what coils you run, sagging can be an issue if you're loaded up with a heavy bumper and winch and, that's why spacers are sold in small sizes - so you can address them. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you don't need to throw out the baby with the bath water and that maybe, you can take small steps to mitigate the issues you have.

It's popping at the bushing at the upper side next to the frame is its the stock track bar so I figured it wouldn't last long anyways any suggestions on a aftermarket one?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's popping at the bushing at the upper side next to the frame is its the stock track bar so I figured it wouldn't last long anyways any suggestions on a aftermarket one?

Truth be told, I actually like the factory track bars especially on the newer JK's. Have you checked to see if maybe the bolt is just loose. It should be tightened to 125 ft. lbs. of torque and if it isn't, it might just be shifting around. If the bushing is blown, you'll want to get a new track bar for sure but, I have a hard time believing that would be the case. Either way, you should give it a look as leaving it loose or blown can lead to other problems.

Yea I plan on addressing that problem ASAP but ill check that bolt tomorrow and see if its loose and ill go from there if its messed up should I but a newer models track bar to replace? If u think there better.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yea I plan on addressing that problem ASAP but ill check that bolt tomorrow and see if its loose and ill go from there if its messed up should I but a newer models track bar to replace? If u think there better.

The old style track bars used bonded rubber bushings on both sides and they work fine. The newer ones have a spherical type joint at the frame end and they allow for greater bind free flex. Factory track bars have always served me well even with my 40" tires. If you look around, I'll bet you can find a take off for free.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
To the orginal poster:

View attachment 14326

http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=ACOS&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=Coil_Spring

Might be worth checking these out if you are looking into coil spacers. They are fully adjustable and can set up the perfect stance to compensate for sagging springs

These are nice for sure but, I'm pretty sure they automatically provide a minimum lift height of 1.5". Most sag caused by a heavy bumper and winch only amount to about 1/2" - 3/4" max. The ACOS would give you more than double that and you would sit nose high.

Top Bottom