2011 JKU Front End Damage

So last Friday we got a decently bad ice/ snow storm and on her way home from school, my little sister slid into a telephone pole. She somehow hit it dead center. She is perfectly okay with no scratches but the jeep is a little dinged up, here are some pictures and total cost of what it will be to repair. Insurance is coving it all with a small deductible but I just thought I'd let everyone see what all the damage would cost to fix at a dealership.

IMG_0297.jpg
IMG_0312.jpg
IMG_0317.jpg
IMG_0323.jpg
IMG_0322.jpg

Also because one of her tires is popped, I decided to switch all of her tires/ rims with my old rubicon take offs. The old rubicon tires were only rotated between the 4 on the floor (not the spare) so my dad is debating on just getting her 4 new stock rubicon tires (I can't remember what they are) or possibly going up in tire size, possibly 33" but no bigger because he doesn't want a lift on it.

IMG_0320.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeepinmilton

glad to hear that she is alright. ask the insurance company if you can get a check to replace it yourself(possibly with aftermarket parts;))

John Rumph- Alpharetta, Ga

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
IMO, the OEM Rubicon tires, if they're BFG mud terrains, aren't the best in packed snow. Ive visited Iowa in the winter and your roads can be pretty slick. If you can get an AT tire with more siping, I think you'll be happier. Again, my opinion.

sparks

So last Friday we got a decently bad ice/ snow storm and on her way home from school, my little sister slid into a telephone pole. She somehow hit it dead center. She is perfectly okay with no scratches but the jeep is a little dinged up, here are some pictures and total cost of what it will be to repair. Insurance is coving it all with a small deductible but I just thought I'd let everyone see what all the damage would cost to fix at a dealership.

View attachment 245923
View attachment 245924
View attachment 245925
View attachment 245926
View attachment 245927

Also because one of her tires is popped, I decided to switch all of her tires/ rims with my old rubicon take offs. The old rubicon tires were only rotated between the 4 on the floor (not the spare) so my dad is debating on just getting her 4 new stock rubicon tires (I can't remember what they are) or possibly going up in tire size, possibly 33" but no bigger because he doesn't want a lift on it.

View attachment 245928

Glad she's ok. I'm dealing with insurance / repairs for my accident back in December. Definitely recommend taking the cash on the bumper and replacing with something stronger. Even if you need to get a freebie stock from Craigslist until you can find one she likes.

I ended up finding a great deal on a hard rock bumper so I already threw the stock Sahara in the trash, or else I'd offer it to you. It was in way better shape than hers lol

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
That is very unfortunate. I hope all i well with her.
Good luck on the rapair, like others have said upgrade to a better bumper.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Also tell her not to worry, it happens. It happened to me 3 months after I got my jeep back in 2014. I got a little too excited when on the snow for the first time in rubicon.

That's what an AEV steel bumper looks like after taking a 30mph hit into a concrete post. Dead center also.

IMG_1839.jpg

The total for that repair was $25K

It happens to the best of us [emoji24]

Also tell her not to worry, it happens. It happened to me 3 months after I got my jeep back in 2014. I got a little too excited when on the snow for the first time in rubicon.

That's what an AEV steel bumper looks like after taking a 30mph hit into a concrete post. Dead center also.

View attachment 245970

The total for that repair was $25K

It happens to the best of us [emoji24]

I'm assuming lots of frame damage and some things in the engine compartment?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Glad she is ok. Thats what really matters.

Anyone else notice they are charging $530 for a stock plastic bumper and $123 for a tow hook? :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to hear your sis is okay. By the look of things, the damage may not be as bad as it looks. I'd be willing to be that if you pulled the bumper, it might be the only thing that took the brunt of the crash.

Glad to hear your sis is okay. By the look of things, the damage may not be as bad as it looks. I'd be willing to be that if you pulled the bumper, it might be the only thing that took the brunt of the crash.

The crash bar is bent up pretty good and I'm assuming the frame horns are bent, next time I am back home I'll see if I can pull the bumper.

What do people recommend for a good 33" tire that would be good on gravel, snow/ ice, mud, and rain? I really like my Nitto Trail Grapplers even in the snow but she is a little bit less of an experienced driver than me so something that would be good in the snow and heavy rain is a must.

WJCO

Meme King
What do people recommend for a good 33" tire that would be good on gravel, snow/ ice, mud, and rain? I really like my Nitto Trail Grapplers even in the snow but she is a little bit less of an experienced driver than me so something that would be good in the snow and heavy rain is a must.

Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. 285/70R17

Top Bottom