Missing Shock Bolt!

fatboy1271

Shock Bolt Missing.jpg

Someone pointed this out to me today! Should I buy replacement hardware from a store like Pep Boys or Lowe's?

I've never done any work like this. Seems simple enough but any tips would be appreciated!

Skid_Kid

Yes I would just get the hardware from an auto parts store. Try to see if you can get a self locking nut.

fatboy1271

Looking for install instructions to get bolt/nut size. Anyone happen to know what they are for the Hydro 7000?

JKBANDIT55

Looking for install instructions to get bolt/nut size. Anyone happen to know what they are for the Hydro 7000?

Go to the auto store and have them pull out a Hydro shock for you and just match up the bolt size. Or pull the one off your other shock and go to home depot and buy the same one.

fatboy1271

Go to the auto store and have them pull out a Hydro shock for you and just match up the bolt size. Or pull the one off your other shock and go to home depot and buy the same one.

Thanks JKBandit. I'll see if they have one in stock at the local Pep Boys.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The factory bolt was metric but, you should be able to use a Grade 8 - 1/2" bolt, washer and stover. You should be able to get all this at a local Ace Hardward or True Value in the specialty hardward drawer section. Lowes sometimes have them too. If you can't get a stover, a nylock will do the job too.

fatboy1271

The factory bolt was metric but, you should be able to use a Grade 8 - 1/2" bolt, washer and stover. You should be able to get all this at a local Ace Hardward or True Value in the specialty hardward drawer section. Lowes sometimes have them too. If you can't get a stover, a nylock will do the job too.

Much appreciated!!! I feel as though I shouldn't have to ask questions like this, but... just use the jack that came with the JK and lift the rear end until I can swing the shock into the mount?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Much appreciated!!! I feel as though I shouldn't have to ask questions like this, but... just use the jack that came with the JK and lift the rear end until I can swing the shock into the mount?

You should be able to just lay on the ground and muscle it in.

Top Bottom