Chrysler Update of Upcoming Vehicles!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Check it out!! Chrysler has updated its chart of upcoming vehicles for the next few years and take a look at what we can expect to see...

Preview of Mopar Future (fixed)
2013-2016.gif

What we know for certain is that the small Jeep (“B-SUV”) has been delayed until 2014, allowing a peak under one cover; as we noted earlier, this is probably to increase its off-road capability and make it worthy (or more worthy) of the name “Jeep.” The Doblo-based van is due in 2014, and Viper will be refreshed in 2015. The numbers of vehicles being refreshed in 2014 make it fairly clear that the Lx family will be refreshed then; especially since the eight-speed/V8 combination is now available on Grand Cherokee, and Chrysler will likely want to upgrade their flagship large cars to the latest UConnect technology. New styling will also be applied to the Chrysler, based on Ralph Gilles’ statements. The 2013 Dodge refresh is most likely Durango, which, like Grand Cherokee, gets the eight-speed automatics; we believe it was supposed to have been replaced by Wagoneer.

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2013/01/preview-of-mopars-to-come

I posted this up in the Truck section as well for those of you just interested in the upcoming Jeep Truck. You can see that thread here:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4419-Looks-Like-We-re-Gonna-Get-Us-a-Jeep-Truck!!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Nice! Have a few more years to save up. :crazyeyes:

From the looks of it, I'm guessing the recent sales did in fact push the new wrangler out...in fact, it is only a refresh in 2016. Which makes sense given the recent success. :thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Nice! Have a few more years to save up. :crazyeyes:

From the looks of it, I'm guessing the recent sales did in fact push the new wrangler out...in fact, it is only a refresh in 2016. Which makes sense given the recent success. :thumb:

Same here. Need to save for mods and for new truck.:eek:

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I have been figuring my next rig/project(making this a dual rig household) would be a used 2dr 2012+ JK that I stretch and make more buggy like. Now, I think I have to wait and see what happens for the next gen, the Wagoneer, Scrambler, and the Closed Roof option. :eek:

ichthus

Well that SUCKS, I was looking forward to the Chrysler 100C...

I'm only being half sarcastic. A hatchback version of the Dart would have made for a nice commuter.

bornjeep

Closed roof Wrangler??!? Who in the world would want that?? Unless it's for extreme climate locations only...

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I think a closed roof wrangler would be sweet. Most people who have hard tops never take them off anyway so...

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
...no I'm thinking a wrangler with a roof thats metal and does not come off :|

*Edit: though I did have a Patriot before this JK and I loved every inch of it's styling!

TwtPunk08JK

I think a closed roof wrangler would be sweet. Most people who have hard tops never take them off anyway so...

I have a hard top and take it off as often as possible. Either freedom top or full thing. In my opinion, a closed roof option won't sell very well.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have a hard top and take it off as often as possible. Either freedom top or full thing. In my opinion, a closed roof option won't sell very well.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think it would do ok at best. There are just some people who don't and will not go thru the trouble of even taking off the freedom part of it so the full enclosure may work. May allow for a sun roof option (I know same thing but people like buttons)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkmohican

It's surprising how many non-jeepers (a lot of Chryslers buyers) want a full top. People always ask me "can I get a wrangler with a regular solid top?" But realistically, it would never work out. There may be a big boom of sales for it, but it won't do that well after and not last long. I mean, think about it, your wranglers roof can't come off.. That's like saying your wrangler can't go off road.. Its scary. This is just my view of it though.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
It'll probably be a limited time thing. Kind of how they sold the Altitudes for a year or two. Same thing. I think if they do it right it'd be cool but you have a good point it'll definitely be a fad thing for sure. I saw a early TJ yesterday with a closed top and I was thinking I wonder if they'd leave the roll cage in a JK Wrangler if they did a permanent top on it. Who knows.

Top Bottom