Lifters ticking

Dopey84

Has anyone adjusted the lifters on there 3.8l jk..? Mine has a tick and sounds like I may have some that need adjusting... it has oil and good oil pressure.. I'm about to change the valve cover gaskets since they have a small leak and see if that helps but while I'm in there I wanna make sure everything is adjusted to where it's supposed to be.. any help would be great

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepFan

Hooked
Has anyone adjusted the lifters on there 3.8l jk..? Mine has a tick and sounds like I may have some that need adjusting... it has oil and good oil pressure.. I'm about to change the valve cover gaskets since they have a small leak and see if that helps but while I'm in there I wanna make sure everything is adjusted to where it's supposed to be.. any help would be great

The lifters in the 3.8 are hydraulic and not adjustable. Check out this link for more info. http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?27029-3-8L-ticking

ECHO

I ran into the same issue a couple years ago with my 3.8, I splashed in some Sea Foam in the oil and the ticking stopped after a couple of minutes and never returned. Since then about every 3rd oil change I add a 1/2 bottle before the oil change. Give it a try it costs about 10 bucks..

onbelay

I ran into the same issue a couple years ago with my 3.8, I splashed in some Sea Foam in the oil and the ticking stopped after a couple of minutes and never returned. Since then about every 3rd oil change I add a 1/2 bottle before the oil change. Give it a try it costs about 10 bucks..

Tag, you're it! :)

Surprised to see you here!

-DM

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

You really have some nerve posting up like you're welcome here or something. :naw:

Tag, you're it! :)

Surprised to see you here!

-DM

Somehow, I'm not surprised the two of you know each other.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Honestly, why are you here? Those of us who have been around a while know the history, and know the things that you said about Eddie and his team of moderators (including me). I just don't see why you would come here and start posting. You are smart enough to know what kind of reception you would get.

onbelay

Honestly, why are you here? Those of us who have been around a while know the history, and know the things that you said about Eddie and his team of moderators (including me). I just don't see why you would come here and start posting. You are smart enough to know what kind of reception you would get.

Never heard any of this before.

onbelay

Even a doctor should be able to figure this one out...

Not quite there; 12 more months LOL. I guess I'll have to ask someone else what happened.

Anyway I don't want to waste time or bandwidth on this discussion. I am sad to hear there is/was bad blood. ECHO helped me and my husband several years back and we exchange messages every couple of years. I'm not in the loop.

Have a great night.

ECHO

Honestly, I just gave the guy a tip on his ticking lifters.. Didn't see it suggested, that's all .. As I told you before I hold no ill will and have no agenda. Happy Wheeling!:thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Not quite there; 12 more months LOL. I guess I'll have to ask someone else what happened.

Anyway I don't want to waste time or bandwidth on this discussion. I am sad to hear there is/was bad blood. ECHO helped me and my husband several years back and we exchange messages every couple of years. I'm not in the loop.

Have a great night.

That's such a cool story. You should tell it around a campfire sometime.

Top Bottom