Bumperless backup light ideas, show me what you got.

jkrichard

received_10153893758996216.jpeg

Mounted on top of the tail light. Seems like that's the only picture I have of the back part of the jeep.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I may do cubes on top of the crossmember. I'm just worried the kids will kick them. Losing the ACE bumper will be a little sad for the "table space" it gives, but I'm going to lose nearly 100 pounds off the rear with a fascia and EVO hinged tire carrier to let me tow my camper better.

32485094416_04df049457_c.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As you've already seen, this has been my solution for both Moby and Rubicat.

20161014161036-e395484a.jpg

Without the rear bumper, there really isn't much of a place to sit or put your feet on and so far, the lights haven't gotten in the way for me.

Ddays

Hooked
I just threw a couple cheap ass Eagle Eyes LED's in the bottom pinch seam. One hole was already there & I drilled the other. Two on each corner. They work surprisingly well.

l-8.jpg

7D_10776.jpg

zimm

Caught the Bug
Great ideas guys. I went with these semi-cheapo 2" cubes instead of 3" ones. They come in 4 different beam widths, so I chose the widest at 120 deg. For 120, there's no optics, so you can see the inner workings, but I'm more about function over form.

As the parts pile up in the garage, I'll report back with my conversion to bumperless, yet keeping my lights, hitch, back up camera, and 4/7 pin connectors.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...in-modular-led-off-road-work-light/1699/4130/

View attachment 249594

Top Bottom