PDA

View Full Version : As a Jeepr, I am very dissapointed in the whole Wayalife experience

geberhard
04-07-2017, 08:22 PM
Hi,

I just tried messaging a member. When going to the "send new message" option I get the following (please see screenshots). Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

My mailbox is not full and has space, please advise, thanks!
Gui

geberhard
04-10-2017, 03:12 PM
Anyone? Buller? Buller :)?

geberhard
04-11-2017, 06:24 PM
Anyone?

Thanks

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/59469115.jpg

JK_Dave
04-11-2017, 06:30 PM
I just checked mine for you and I had no problems launching that link. Did you check your inbox as well as Sent Items? The two combine to take up your total box space. See if you can purge some of your Sent items and then try again.

geberhard
04-11-2017, 06:41 PM
Dave, thanks.

I only have 8 on inbox and 10 on sent, so do not think that is the issue, looks like possibly disabled?

Thanks,

Gui

JK2DR
04-15-2017, 08:08 PM
Have the same issue

wayoflife
04-16-2017, 04:24 PM
Hi,

I just tried messaging a member. When going to the "send new message" option I get the following (please see screenshots). Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

My mailbox is not full and has space, please advise, thanks!
Gui

I see that your PM privileges have been revoked because you're kind of a douchebag. Happy Easter :)

Have the same issue

Not sure why you're having problems. I checked and see there are no restrictions on your account.

JK2DR
04-16-2017, 04:28 PM
I see that your PM privileges have been revoked because you're kind of a douchebag. Happy Easter :)

Not sure why you're having problems. I checked and see there are no restrictions on your account.

Yep, mine seems to be working now. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

Speedy_RCW
04-16-2017, 04:35 PM

That's too funny. Getting straight to the point.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

MTG
04-16-2017, 05:47 PM

:cheesy:

WJCO
04-17-2017, 01:43 AM
Lol. Not even a "Dear valued customer" :cheesy: No beating around the bush.

geberhard
04-17-2017, 05:27 PM

what? Care to elaborate?

geberhard
04-17-2017, 05:29 PM
Appreciate links or examples, thanks!

Andy5160
04-17-2017, 05:47 PM

Customer service do DIE for.! i would join again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharkey
04-17-2017, 05:53 PM
Appreciate links or examples, thanks!

Here you go: http://bfy.tw/BGlv

geberhard
04-17-2017, 08:20 PM
Awesome, but still waiting... Eddie, it is your forum afterall so you obviously do as you please, but looking forward to links to back up the comment. Thanks!

JKbrick
04-17-2017, 11:54 PM
Here you go: http://bfy.tw/BGlv

Lmao, I hit the link

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

geberhard
04-18-2017, 03:22 PM

Wow,

Nothing yet to substantiate you comment? Calling someone a "douchebag" on a whim seems very childlike, but I think that end up showing your true colors … I have been nothing but forthcoming in this forum and helpful whenever I can. I believe the fact that I mentioned I was in other forums rubbed you the wrong way from day one and possibly your butt hurt ego had to struggle with that a little?

I have not gone behind your back or bad mouthed you or Wayalife, (I am still waiting for you to back up your comment) but with your kiddie action and comment you may have just changed my mind… but I am not sure if I should sink to your level and call names, not my thing.

I thought the purpose of the forum was bringing a community together as the offroading community is fragmented enough, but I digress. Back on to followers posting sheep comments, memes and backing you up and telling me to go away. Your action and comment actually made me feel bad and sorry for you Eddie...

Good luck on your wayalife :)

WJCO
04-18-2017, 03:51 PM
I have not gone behind your back or bad mouthed you or Wayalife, (I am still waiting for you to back up your comment) but with your kiddie action and comment you may have just changed my mind… but I am not sure if I should sink to your level and call names, not my thing.

Really, dude ???

Your very first post here was to sell a Jeep, with a link to another forum that posts hateful material about Wayalife, you've posted links to charities after being asked not too, you've had solicitation links in your signatures that have since been edited, you've had posts that you've purposefully resurrected to bring attention to YOURSELF and stated that the previous posts were modified and that's why you had to duplicate the post, even though we had a record that your original posts were not modified, etc. These are things I'VE noticed. Sure you have had some helpful posts here and there, but most of the time it seems like when you post you are here to benefit an agenda of your own.

notnalc68
04-18-2017, 03:56 PM
You have a history of going out of your way, to contradict Eddie, or OverlanderJK, any chance you get. People can browse your posts, and easily find that.

SSTM714
04-18-2017, 04:16 PM
... holy crap, I can't stop laughing.... that's the funniest damn thing all day.

Sent from my iPhone using the WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep
04-18-2017, 04:18 PM
:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::c heesy::cheesy::cheesy:

geberhard
04-18-2017, 04:18 PM
I stand to my post on JKO, and as mentioned in that post, I still think this forum has great potential, has great tech and videos, but the drama everyone strives and that is tolerated and actually promoted by moderators will continue bringing the site's potential down. I believe there are great people that are part of this community and that is one of the reasons I kept coming back. As with any forum out there I take things with a grain of salt, but the vast majority of long winded threads from someone building something to posting any tech goes downhill in a flash, that is sad. I have supported and bought parts from several vendors that are listed here.

As far as external links, I have had a signature on all forum I have been part of to St.Baldricks which is a charity I wholeheartedly have supported for over a decade. WJCO edited that link and let me know and that was the end of that, no hard feelings on that. As far as threads being moved, edited or deleted it does happen at WAL (case in point this thread has been renamed already, the Northridge video thread, and several other tech or for sale posts). Again, Eddie’s forum and he can do as he sees fit.

As far as contradicting, not seeing eye to eye is not a requirement of any forum. The fact that Eddie has the right to his opinion, is the same right I have to mine. He is not an “expert” and neither am I. Nothing against OverlandJk as he normally has some good points. Sharkey, hmm not so much. We do not have to always agree, and discussions (not name calling), are what make forums more interesting and bring sharing ideas.

:beer:

BananaJeep
04-18-2017, 04:22 PM
I stand to my post on JKO, and as mentioned in that post, I still think this forum has great potential, has great tech and videos, but the drama everyone strives and that is tolerated and actually promoted by moderators will continue bringing the site's potential down. I believe there are great people that are part of this community and that is one of the reasons I kept coming back. As with any forum out there I take things with a grain of salt, but the vast majority of long winded threads from someone building something to posting any tech goes downhill in a flash, that is sad. I have supported and bought parts from several vendors that are listed here.

As far as external links, I have had a signature on all forum I have been part of to St.Baldricks which is a charity I wholeheartedly have supported for over a decade. WJCO edited that link and let me know and that was the end of that, no hard feelings on that. As far as threads being moved, edited or deleted it does happen at WAL (case in point this thread has been renamed already, the Northridge video thread, and several other tech or for sale posts). Again, Eddie’s forum and he can do as he sees fit.

As far as contradicting, not seeing eye to eye is not a requirement of any forum. The fact that Eddie has the right to his opinion, is the same right I have to mine. He is not an “expert” and neither am I. Nothing against OverlandJk as he normally has some good points. Sharkey, hmm not so much. We do not have to always agree, and discussions (not name calling), are what make forums more interesting and bring sharing ideas.

.................................................. ............

notnalc68
04-18-2017, 04:23 PM
I have not gone behind your back or bad mouthed you or Wayalife

http://wayalife.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=253886&d=1492530384

This says it all. You did, in 2015.

wayoflife
04-18-2017, 04:51 PM
Wow,
Nothing yet to substantiate you comment?

Wow, still butthurt I see and over something that was said on a forum you don't even like.

Calling someone a "douchebag" on a whim seems very childlike

No need to be such a child about all this and to be clear, I never "called" you anything. You asked a question, I looked into it and simply explained that your PM privileges were revoked and why.

but I think that end up showing your true colors

And clearly, we're seeing your true colors.

… I have been nothing but forthcoming in this forum and helpful whenever I can...

....I have not gone behind your back or bad mouthed you or Wayalife

http://wayalife.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=253886&d=1492530384

I believe the fact that I mentioned I was in other forums rubbed you the wrong way from day one and possibly your butt hurt ego had to struggle with that a little?

Here's a thought, have faith in your belief and spend more of your time on other forums - that'll really stick it to me :thumb:

(I am still waiting for you to back up your comment) but with your kiddie action and comment you may have just changed my mind… but I am not sure if I should sink to your level and call names, not my thing.

:cheesy: As I said, I merely explained why your PM privileges were revoked but clearly, the shoe is a good fit for you and you're wearing it well. :crazyeyes:

I thought the purpose of the forum was bringing a community together as the offroading community is fragmented enough, but I digress.

Funny, and here I thought I started my forum to be my home on the internet. Never realized I was supposed to make it safe place for snowflakes. But, I digress. :thinking: :idontknow:

Your action and comment actually made me feel bad and sorry for you Eddie...

I'm really touched and I'm sorry that I didn't respond to you sooner. Unfortunately, I just got back from spending the last 2 weeks out on the road, hanging out with good friends and wheeling in Moab. Had I known how sensitive you are, I would have dropped everything and logged onto the internet right away. :blush:

Good luck on your wayalife :)

Thanks! Luck has followed me my whole life and that's why I have so many cool Jeeps and can pretty much wheel whenever I want. Maybe someday, luck will find you as well :yup:

Sharkey
04-18-2017, 04:52 PM

I'm crushed. Seriously, I am not sure how I can go on living knowing that you don't like what I have to say. I get it though. It can be very difficult for someone to be presented with arguments that make them question their own moral compass.

BananaJeep
04-18-2017, 04:56 PM
Thanks! Luck has followed me my whole life and that's why I have so many cool Jeeps and can pretty much wheel whenever I want. Maybe someday, luck will find you as well :yup:

Life goals..... lol

wayoflife
04-18-2017, 05:05 PM
I stand to my post on JKO, and as mentioned in that post, I still think this forum has great potential, has great tech and videos, but the drama everyone strives and that is tolerated and actually promoted by moderators will continue bringing the site's potential down.

I believe there are great people that are part of this community and that is one of the reasons I kept coming back. As with any forum out there I take things with a grain of salt, but the vast majority of long winded threads from someone building something to posting any tech goes downhill in a flash, that is sad.

And why you would care is completely beyond me. You really should do yourself a favor and spend more of your time on JKO. Nobody asked you to be here in the first place and trust me, nobody will care once you're gone. :yup:

I have supported and bought parts from several vendors that are listed here.

So stop buying from them. God forbid you would support a vendor that would support a meanie like me. :crazyeyes:

You're right, this is my forum and I will do as I see fit. I'm glad you understand that but can't figure out why it continues to get under your skin and to the point where you feel the need to keep bringing it up. :thinking:

As far as contradicting, not seeing eye to eye is not a requirement of any forum. The fact that Eddie has the right to his opinion, is the same right I have to mine. He is not an “expert” and neither am I.

Yup, I'm just a guy with a website. :yup:

notnalc68
04-18-2017, 05:24 PM
No defense???

longarmwj
04-18-2017, 06:41 PM
No defense???

It's pretty hard to try to defend himself when it's thrown right in his face :thumb:

DWiggles
04-18-2017, 07:19 PM

that is all :yawn37:

trailraider
04-18-2017, 07:42 PM

that is all :yawn37:

I love this!.

notnalc68
04-18-2017, 08:00 PM
Now we can't get a response from the OP.

MTG
04-18-2017, 08:51 PM
Now we can't get a response from the OP.

Que "Some of us have jobs and can't spend all day on the forum" response.

notnalc68
04-18-2017, 09:54 PM

True. When he posts that, I can tell him how I'm working about 50 hours a week.

GCM 2
04-18-2017, 10:16 PM

Hello MTG, Sharkey, and of course, Edward Oh.......

I just thought this would be a great place to do a random drive by posting, since lurking in the shadows for so long has gotten boring.

I hope all is well, miss you guys, mean it. [emoji8]

MR.Ty
04-18-2017, 10:48 PM

I just thought this would be a great place to do a random drive by posting, since lurking in the shadows for so long has gotten boring.

Welcome back to the land of the "posting"!

cozdude
04-18-2017, 11:06 PM

Hi greg!!! Miss you good sir!

jesse3638
04-18-2017, 11:16 PM

Helluva way to make an entrance..haha!

GCM 2
04-18-2017, 11:18 PM
Welcome back to the land of the "posting"!

Hi greg!!! Miss you good sir!

Well thank you kind sirs. I never really left, I was just quietly contemplating "what it takes to make 35"s fit" or "do I need bump-stops running 40"s on stock Sahara axles" or "I have put weight on over the Easter holiday and was wondering if I should sleeve and truss my seat frame rails, and if there was a WAYALIFE video tutorial on this" or "how to use the search function to find douches" and other pertinent off-roading questions......

geberhard
04-18-2017, 11:42 PM
I was going to message Eddie back with an apology… but forgot my PM privileges had been revoked :doh:

I stand with my comments and response above, and pretty positive I can substantiate all of them with good examples (there are plenty) and I did not bad mouth Eddie. The forum has potential, good tech and some good people (see the screenshot), butI speak truly that the site is continuing its downhill path by choice and by what is promoted as acceptable top down. Eddie mentioned it is his little site on the net, but again it is a forum and for it to exist, more than one person is needed otherwise it would be a static website. Again this is not my business, it is Eddie’s…. I am still disappointed, still believe this forum could do better. The potential is there, the willingness to do better is obviously not, and drama is the preferred channel, so keep going at it, seems to be working very well.

Not worth my time continuing to reply aside from the mutual entertainment factor so keep on it...

jesse3638
04-18-2017, 11:58 PM
I was going to message Eddie back with an apology… but forgot my PM privileges had been revoked :doh:

I stand with my comments and response above, and pretty positive I can substantiate all of them with good examples (there are plenty) and I did not bad mouth Eddie. The forum has potential, good tech and some good people (see the screenshot), butI speak truly that the site is continuing its downhill path by choice and by what is promoted as acceptable top down. Eddie mentioned it is his little site on the net, but again it is a forum and for it to exist, more than one person is needed otherwise it would be a static website. Again this is not my business, it is Eddie’s…. I am still disappointed, still believe this forum could do better. The potential is there, the willingness to do better is obviously not, and drama is the preferred channel, so keep going at it, seems to be working very well.

Not worth my time continuing to reply aside from the mutual entertainment factor so keep on it...

You just don't get it. See You Next Tuesday!

OverlanderJK
04-19-2017, 12:03 AM

You are the worst troll ever. Grab a tissue, wipe you eyes then your vagina (other way is fine also if you eyes are a little dry), bend over and insert tissue in rectum and enjoy getting fucked. Then log off and leave.

notnalc68
04-19-2017, 12:04 AM
I have not gone behind your back or bad mouthed you or Wayalife

Really?? :hmm:

wayoflife
04-19-2017, 02:00 AM
Well thank you kind sirs. I never really left, I was just quietly contemplating "what it takes to make 35"s fit" or "do I need bump-stops running 40"s on stock Sahara axles" or "I have put weight on over the Easter holiday and was wondering if I should sleeve and truss my seat frame rails, and if there was a WAYALIFE video tutorial on this" or "how to use the search function to find douches" and other pertinent off-roading questions......

Whoa! Talk about long time no see! I'm so glad that you dropped in to share some of the things you've been quietly contemplating. :cheesy:

I hope you're doing well my friend. Cindy and I miss ya :cool:

Sharkey
04-19-2017, 03:21 AM

Hello my friend! Hope all is well...wherever you are!

MTG
04-19-2017, 04:56 AM

Well, well, well....

You got some nerve just showing up here and posting on some random douchebag thread. I've got one question for you...

...is it two or three knocks on that hotel room door in Barstow? Been trying for years now and nobody ever seems to know anything about the El Camino. :idontknow:

JAGS
04-19-2017, 05:13 AM

For many, these things are important to daily living. Ok, one time I asked about a video, sorry. Lol.

Hope you are doing well and staying safe!

Sherman Tanks And Napalm
04-19-2017, 07:25 AM
Hey guys can I ask a question the guy thats doing all the complaining does his Jeep run on fossil fuel's or is it just run and methane from him

highoctane
04-19-2017, 09:58 AM

Good to see you posting Greg! Welcome back man, and stay safe wherever you are.

GCM 2
04-19-2017, 02:27 PM
Well, well, well....

You got some nerve just showing up here and posting on some random douchebag thread. I've got one question for you...

...is it two or three knocks on that hotel room door in Barstow? Been trying for years now and nobody ever seems to know anything about the El Camino. :idontknow:

It's three knocks. Hotel management has been putting a little more scrutiny on "guests", so the increased security situation has kept me a little more anxious about answering just any/every knock at the door.

Sharkey, Jags, Highoctane... I hope life is just swell for you all [emoji869]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

JKbrick
04-20-2017, 12:23 AM
Hey guys can I ask a question the guy thats doing all the complaining does his Jeep run on fossil fuel's or is it just run and methane from him

Not fossil fuel, it just runs cause he's such a badass human being it just goes. It's good to see you are still safe and with us Greg

Desert Rose JK
04-21-2017, 03:20 PM
It's three knocks. Hotel management has been putting a little more scrutiny on "guests", so the increased security situation has kept me a little more anxious about answering just any/every knock at the door.

Sharkey, Jags, Highoctane... I hope life is just swell for you all [emoji869]

Greg, Welcome back and good to know your alive and kicking. We've been missing the great posts and epic 'Greg quotes'. Be save and keep your head down around those crazies over there. :thumb: