Steering stabalizer explain

bl17z90

Can someone elaborate a little on what all of these different set ups are? Is pcs ram assist a stabalizer?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Can someone elaborate a little on what all of these different set ups are? Is pcs ram assist a stabalizer?

No the ram assist is a hydraulic steering assist that helps making your turns easier when you run larger tires 37+.
Steering stabilizer just helps soften the "bump" steer on your ride. Two very different applications.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

As it has been explained, a steering stabilizer is essentially a shock like you have on all four corners of your Jeep. It is used to "dampen" hits felt that you would otherwise feel in the steering. A ram assist is a hydraulic ram that assists your ability to steering your Jeep when running much larger tires. By virtue of what it is, it will also help to dampen hits as well and so a stabilizer is no longer needed with one installed.

bl17z90

Ok i knew it was a shock i just wasn't 100% on its purpose. That was everyones first solution to death wobble. Everyone who hadnt experienced it ;)

Moochie

Ok i knew it was a shock i just wasn't 100% on its purpose. That was everyones first solution to death wobble. Everyone who hadnt experienced it ;)

It's not a solution, more like a mask to make you think everything is OK. If you have death wobble there is an underlying problem that needs to be fixed.

cuongdyna

As it has been explained, a steering stabilizer is essentially a shock like you have on all four corners of your Jeep. It is used to "dampen" hits felt that you would otherwise feel in the steering. A ram assist is a hydraulic ram that assists your ability to steering your Jeep when running much larger tires. By virtue of what it is, it will also help to dampen hits as well and so a stabilizer is no longer needed with one installed.

So I'm running 37s with evo coilovers and evo relocating kit. I heard that I have to relocate the shock steering stabilizer. Where can I purchase the kit or who makes the kit?

Last edited:

dchew

So I'm running 37s with evo coilovers and evo relocating kit. I heard that I have to relocate the shock steering stabilizer. Where can I purchase the kit or who makes the kit?
This is exactly what I am in the middle of installing. Northridge packages a Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer with a relocation bracket. I know because I have one sitting here in a box never used. I decided to go with the PSC ram assist instead. PM me if you want it.

I can't remember though; doesn't the EVO flip kit come with tabs for the steering stabilizer? Mine is still in the box waiting not-so-patiently for me to install it, so I'm not sure. You might not need anything else if you want to use the factory stabilizer.

Dave

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The EVO flip kit comes with "Integrated new steering stabilizer location built in to get it up and out of harm’s way above the TieRod".

cuongdyna

This is exactly what I am in the middle of installing. Northridge packages a Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer with a relocation bracket. I know because I have one sitting here in a box never used. I decided to go with the PSC ram assist instead. PM me if you want it.

I can't remember though; doesn't the EVO flip kit come with tabs for the steering stabilizer? Mine is still in the box waiting not-so-patiently for me to install it, so I'm not sure. You might not need anything else if you want to use the factory stabilizer.

Dave

I didn't get it in my kit.

MTG

Caught the Bug
View attachment 14987

This is all I got with the kit.

I haven't done it yet, but I believe the passenger side goes in the hole directly above in your picture, then the other side bracket needs rotated above the trackbar. I think you have to run a small spacer/longer bolt to get it to line up. If I recall FoxC has done this, maybe he or someone else can post a pic?

jeffj

Caught the Bug
MTG said:
I haven't done it yet, but I believe the passenger side goes in the hole directly above in your picture, then the other side bracket needs rotated above the trackbar. I think you have to run a small spacer/longer bolt to get it to line up. If I recall FoxC has done this, maybe he or someone else can post a pic?

image-2637654928.jpg

Here is how I did mine. Like MTG said there is a hole in the track bar bracket that I had to get a small spacer and a longer bolt and its out of harms way. Mine lasted about two days of rock crawling when it was under the track bar. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom