Rear Sway Bar

tsweet

So i currently am running front and rear currie anti rocks. I upgraded from my RK coil overs to the EVO DTD front and rear. I think that it is in the sway bars, why it feels like I'm driving a boat, real spongy and it kind of floats side to side when going over dips in roads. (maybe not the best description.) My question is, I found a used Rubi front bar that i will be putting on. As for the rear, not so lucky so i will be ordering from an online vendor, or the dealership parts dept. I see that there are 2 different bars, a performance suspension one (68067126AA) and a non performance suspension one (68067125AA) Does anyone know what the difference would be, besides like $50 bucks. Can i get by with the cheaper of the 2?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What you're feeling are the Antirocks and going back to stock will help out a lot. The difference between the rear sway bars is that one is thicker. I personally run the old thinner style rear sway bar with my DTD and finds that it works great and does not limit my flex the way Antirocks DO.

tsweet

Sweet thanks for the reply. can save a few bucks for the next mod. Since Im thinking about it, my rear anti rock arms sit somewhat level. I saw some pictures on here that show the rear factory bar angled up well past level. is there a certain angle i should go for, i don't have any way of drooping my suspension in my garage, so i won't know how long of links to use. My current links are approximately 14.75" from center of mounting hole to center of mounting hole. Maybe I'm overthinking this :hmm:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sweet thanks for the reply. can save a few bucks for the next mod. Since Im thinking about it, my rear anti rock arms sit somewhat level. I saw some pictures on here that show the rear factory bar angled up well past level. is there a certain angle i should go for, i don't have any way of drooping my suspension in my garage, so i won't know how long of links to use. My current links are approximately 14.75" from center of mounting hole to center of mounting hole. Maybe I'm overthinking this :hmm:

On a DTD, you need you mount your factory sway bar on the bottom of the EVO Lever frame. This WILL have your sway bar arms sitting at an angle upward but it is not a problem. You will need new shorter links to make this work. I am running 8" link - with the heims installed, they are about 10" stud to stud.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a shot of what it should look like once installed.

20170217093558-b66250c1.jpg

Top Bottom