JK Redo

Shad0w

So as I get closer to selling my other car, I have about $3,000 worth of modifications lined up and they are as follows:

Smittybilt XRC Bumper
Midsection
Full Width End Caps
Stinger Attachment

Garvin Industries Adventure Rack

Teraflex 2.5" Suspension Lift with Shock adapters

Daystar 1 Inch Body Lift

Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers (to accomodate 35's)

Smittybilt Cargo Net for Rear

NetDoors (all four)

Anything I'm missing?

Keep in mind that I am from Northeastern PA and study in New York so I can't really go anywhere around either place with 4 inches+ of lift and 40's. Thanks guys.

NY1982JK

Would the 1" Body lift be necessary to clear 35's with that lift? Or are you adding it just for a little extra boost? I wanna run 35's by summer and looking at the exact same lift. Thanks :D Oh yeah... I still have the stock fenders.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Would the 1" Body lift be necessary to clear 35's with that lift? Or are you adding it just for a little extra boost? I wanna run 35's by summer and looking at the exact same lift. Thanks :D Oh yeah... I still have the stock fenders.

Unless you trim your fenders or run flat fenders, yeah, a 1" body lift will help to clear your factory fenders when running 35's.

NY1982JK

Unless you trim your fenders or run flat fenders, yeah, a 1" body lift will help to clear your factory fenders when running 35's.

Thanks Eddie. Sorry I know this questions has probably been answered 1000x before. Just saw the same lift I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on and want to have all my ducks in a row. Hate spending money twice.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie. Sorry I know this questions has probably been answered 1000x before. Just saw the same lift I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on and want to have all my ducks in a row. Hate spending money twice.

For around town driving, you won't need the extra clearance but, if you plan on wheeling and flexing out your Jeep, you will see some rubbing of the factory fenders without the extra clearance. Not much, but some and really, more depending on what brand of tire you run as some run big and others small.

TacPen

Banned
I'm running a 2.5" AEV lift with 315/70-17 tires (measure out to 34.4" actual) and there is zero rub with the stock fenders even at full compression. Depending on the lift (they seem to run slightly more than advertised) and tires he very well might not need the body lift at all.

Shad0w

I'm just using it for some extra clearance, and I love the look. Hopefully later when I have more money I can do new fenders but for now, this is it. Depending on where I get a job too, I may even increase up to a 4 inch and 40s. But hey, well see what happens. :)

Dave_g

I have the RockKrawler 2.5 max travel, and 315 Grapplers (34.5 actual) and I have no rub issues, I do plan on cutting stock fenders though.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130209_052722.png
    ForumRunner_20130209_052722.png
    373.4 KB · Views: 61

kb3ejw

i talked with Ian at nemesis.their fenders will clear 35's without a lift.that is the route i am going.i just haven't decided between swamper ssr's and bfg km2's.i've run both brands.

Top Bottom