Rcv axles in a rubicon

YKRUBICON

Hey g uys im trying to order up a set of axles for my 2013 rubicon unlimited. Ive decided to go with rcv but i cant remember if the jeep has 30 spline inners and 32 outer? I dont want to buy these twice. Any one run these with 35s and have any issues? Anything i should look out for when im doing the install.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey g uys im trying to order up a set of axles for my 2013 rubicon unlimited. Ive decided to go with rcv but i cant remember if the jeep has 30 spline inners and 32 outer? I dont want to buy these twice. Any one run these with 35s and have any issues? Anything i should look out for when im doing the install.

If you're just gonna run 35's, I personally would save your money and just run your factory shafts. They'll hold up great. Hell, I ran factory shafts with 37's for about 80,000 miles and still carry them around as spares. RCV's cost a ton and will snap and pop loudly over time and they'll call it totally normal.

YKRUBICON

Guess i shouldd have mentioned i 'think' my axles may be bent allready... my axle seals keep on leaking. Only been 10,000km on them, and my rear axles were bent when i bought the thing from driving force. They replaced them under warrenty, should have put cromos in when i had the chance... So i wouldent be suprised if their bent up front aswell. Unless diving the jeep into a hole on the trail bent the housing itself? Lol i only got 8000 km on since buying this thing since i bought it last year. Kinda fast for a set of axle seals to go?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Guess i shouldd have mentioned i 'think' my axles may be bent allready... my axle seals keep on leaking. Only been 10,000km on them, and my rear axles were bent when i bought the thing from driving force. They replaced them under warrenty, should have put cromos in when i had the chance... So i wouldent be suprised if their bent up front aswell. Unless diving the jeep into a hole on the trail bent the housing itself? Lol i only got 8000 km on since buying this thing since i bought it last year. Kinda fast for a set of axle seals to go?

All the more reason why you should save your money. New expensive shafts will NOT fix a leak caused by a bent housing.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

Sounds like a bent housing and, as Eddie said, shafts won't fix that problem. Now would be a good time to upgrade to a better housing.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

YKRUBICON

Fu%k. Well how should i go about ckecking that. But a Pro Rock 44 would look pretty nice under there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fu%k. Well how should i go about ckecking that. But a Pro Rock 44 would look pretty nice under there.

If you're axle seals keep leaking even after changing them out, the axle housing is most likely bent. Being that you have a Rubicon, you can always get a ProRock 44 made for Rubicon internals. This should cost a lot less - just shy of $2k.

J

JKDream

Well that may be why my front end looks like its got negative camber.
They do make correction shims now that will help slow weird tire wear from the camber while you save for a new axle. As long as camber you're seeing is not from a worn balljoint or unit bearing, they're a pretty cool solution for $10. I'm running one on the driver's side as my C is a bit bent.

YKRUBICON

They do make correction shims now that will help slow weird tire wear from the camber while you save for a new axle. As long as camber you're seeing is not from a worn balljoint or unit bearing, they're a pretty cool solution for $10. I'm running one on the driver's side as my C is a bit bent.
Lol well i live way up north. And i could buy the pr44 any time. Im wishing i put the truss i bought on befor this happend. Wonder how much the shipping will be to send a pr44 that far? At least ill be able trust it. I was always worried about the rubi 44. Dam, too late now.

deezus

If you're axle seals keep leaking even after changing them out, the axle housing is most likely bent. Being that you have a Rubicon, you can always get a ProRock 44 made for Rubicon internals. This should cost a lot less - just shy of $2k.
What if 40s are in your future? [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3] Also, I agree with Eddie. I have Ten axle shafts up front and getting ready to do the same in the back.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

Lol well i live way up north. And i could buy the pr44 any time. Im wishing i put the truss i bought on befor this happend. Wonder how much the shipping will be to send a pr44 that far? At least ill be able trust it. I was always worried about the rubi 44. Dam, too late now.
I see you live in the Yukon (I'm from Whitehorse). There's a guy out here in BC who is a distributor for Dynatrac who has pretty good shipping rates. Check out Enrico Differential Solutions. Pretty sure he's the only distributor in Canada for Dynatrac.

YKRUBICON

Well i found one from 4wheel parts. But 3200.00 and 400.00 for shipping. Need to ckeck out enricos diffs. Maby its cheaper there.

Top Bottom