Opinion on brakes and rotors, go.....

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
If your wanting better brakes you should definitely consider Dynatracs big brake option. I've heard of people having issues with the slotted rotors. Never tried them, but I've always had the best luck with NAPA pads and rotors.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
Did not have experience white what you are referring too.
Napa auto parts served me well so far however when I go up to 37 tires Pro grip is the way I will go.

Mgravatt

If your wanting better brakes you should definitely consider Dynatracs big brake option. I've heard of people having issues with the slotted rotors. Never tried them, but I've always had the best luck with NAPA pads and rotors.

What type of problems.... I've heard only good things except they can't be refinished but I'm ok with that

Mgravatt

I've heard of people getting debris caught up in the slots, causing issues. I have personally had debris caught up in my calipers and really jack up some rotors, multiple times. I don't like playing in mud..

I had that happen a couple weeks ago the sound was terrible but we were able to get the rock out before it damaged anything. I'm on a budget but don't want to cut corners when it comes to being able to stop.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
I'm in no rush since my '17 JKU only has 12k miles on it, but a brake upgrade is on my list of "to do's." The Dynatrac kit is at the top of a very short list. Good luck with your decision.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
While there are some things that it doesn't hurt to go with the less expensive/ quality option , we're not talking about grab handles here. If it's a critical component, like brakes, my opinion is that the nominal price difference is well worth it for the dynatracs.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
...I've heard of people having issues with the slotted rotors. Never tried them...

Different application, I've had drilled/slotted rotors. For the daily driver I wouldn't recommend them. And, generally, you will not find them on a certain track applications either, because they're prone to cracking over time.

I had two experiences, for what they're worth. First, the only place I could honestly claim I noticed any difference was driving in the rain. In heavy rain and highway speeds, you will definitely notice braking begins a shade quicker as water is more quickly displaced. Its like bad shocks. You don't notice it day-to-day with standard slabs. But you definitely take note in rain with the drill and slots. That alone, not worth the expense in my opinion (and that's all it is).

Second, as the miles accumulate, the holes, and slots in particular, will fill up with brake dust and other material. Pulling them and hitting them with a wire wheel once in 10K miles would be advisable. Not worth the headache. Again, imo.

They look cool--and that's a fine justification for getting them. From a practical perspective, I'll not spend money on any more of them. It's been 5 years since I messed with them last, but I don't think things have changed that much.

Top Bottom