Opinion on brakes and rotors, go.....

wjtstudios

Hooked
ProGrips are the way to go. I'm not sure on the stock wheel clearance, but I did have an issue with a balance weight hitting the caliper, so when you have your tires balanced, make sure they are aware of the position of the caliper inside of the wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Sounds like you've made your decision, but another vote for ProGrips. I just tested mine in the mountains yesterday, about 100 miles of downhill driving starting around 12000 feet elevation down to 5000. These things were awesome.

jeeeep

Hooked
I've had the powerstop slotted, worked better than stock for the 315's I was running but they felt more like stock brakes when I put on the 37's - installed the ProGrips and they work great!

Also have a PR44 and my Jeep is heavier so having the ProGrips makes stopping a breeze.

I've been on some pretty steep trails and if you want pucker factor, keep the stock brakes or go with the powerstop, once they begin to fade ... :eek:

I've been on the same trails with the ProGrips and huge difference - especially when loaded down.

I've had to use them in an emergency and they stopped flat (no front end dive) and fast with no pull. :thumb:

Apdski

Pretty sure teraflex is not a favorite around here but I've got their big rotor kit front and back and it's great. No problems so far and I've had them for ~500 miles

WJCO

Meme King
Pretty sure teraflex is not a favorite around here but I've got their big rotor kit front and back and it's great. No problems so far and I've had them for ~500 miles

Many members have seen many Teraflex parts break on many occasions. There are a lot of threads on that. But glad to hear their brake kit is working well for you.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Many members have seen many Teraflex parts break on many occasions. There are a lot of threads on that. But glad to hear their brake kit is working well for you.

My uncle runs the Teraflex brakes on his Jeep. Just had his calipers replaced. Had a severe pull in one direction during braking. No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom