Bes long arm suspension

ProtocolJK

So I'm looking at lifts for my 12 JKUR, I want to go with a long arm setup but I wanted to see which kits you guys would recommend?

ProtocolJK

My ultimate goal is 37 or 40, I live on the east coast but I like playing on the rocks and want a rig capable of crawling everywhere.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My ultimate goal is 37 or 40, I live on the east coast but I like playing on the rocks and want a rig capable of crawling everywhere.

Well, you don't need long arms to crawl everywhere. You would mainly want them if you're lifted tall enough that your suspension geometry is off enough that it negatively effects your ride ON PAVEMENT. Running 40's, I would definitely recommend them but only because you'd need to run 4.5" of lift or more to clear them. At 37", you could go either way. If you're set on getting long arms, I personally would recommend the EVO MFG long arm kit as there really isn't anything better out there.

ProtocolJK

I really appreciate the input and I'll definitely check out evo's kit. I guess I have to decide ultimately what size tire I want to run and if I will truly need a long arm kit

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I really appreciate the input and I'll definitely check out evo's kit. I guess I have to decide ultimately what size tire I want to run and if I will truly need a long arm kit

Just trying to save you some money if I can. A long arm kit is nice to have but, there are a lot of mods you can buy instead if you don't have to get one.

ProtocolJK

Well I'm trying to be as prepared as possible before I make the jump to much larger tires, already saving for a set of PR60s f/r so suspension/ driveshafts will be next

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well I'm trying to be as prepared as possible before I make the jump to much larger tires, already saving for a set of PR60s f/r so suspension/ driveshafts will be next

Whoa, with a set of PR60's, you'll definitely be ready for a set of 40's. If that's the case, an EVO long arm kit with high clearance brackets is what I would get. Oh wait, it is what I got :D

arashi

Just trying to save you some money if I can. A long arm kit is nice to have but, there are a lot of mods you can buy instead if you don't have to get one.

Seriously, before yesterday I was going for log arms,, but since the discussion I had yesterday with Eddie, their is no big advantage for me.

My setup is going to be 37" on a 3.5" lift, save ALOT of money since I'll be able to do it myself... So my 2 part modification is going to be a one part...

So make sure you really need it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom