Need some help with dash errors

aTX427

These error lights just showed up today as I was driving down the road. No errors on my code reader.

chitown35

LOSER
Check connections on your abs lines. Also try borrowing a code reader with abs free from AutoZone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

JeepFan

Hooked
Check the front unit bearings. Jack up the front end until the front wheels are off the ground. Grab the tire at the 12oclock and 6oclock position. Apply pushing and pulling force to see if theres any play.

aTX427

Thank you, I looked at the wheel speed sensor wires and they look good, as do the unit bearings. I'm going to try AutoZone and see if they have a code reader that can check for ABS codes.

Last edited:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Is it possible that it has something to do with the clockspring recall problems? It does seem brake related but throwing it out there.

aTX427

I just tried driving out to AutoZone and felt the ABS kicking in as I drove slowly down the road. It was pulling the wheel left.

aTX427

Thank you everyone for the quick responses. I was able to run an ABS diagnosis on with the scan tool from AutoZone and had three codes that point to the front passenger wheel speed sensor. Should I try cleaning the contact or just replace it?

bahamaguy

Thank you everyone for the quick responses. I was able to run an ABS diagnosis on with the scan tool from AutoZone and had three codes that point to the front passenger wheel speed sensor. Should I try cleaning the contact or just replace

From what little I know, I'd go with 'replace. Cheap, easy and done.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom