One wheel sticks out more than the other

Thunder

My rear driver side wheel measures 18.5" from wheel well to exterior-most edge of the tire. The passenger side measures 17.5" from the same points.

It's a JKU Sport running stock axles, 17" ATX Slabs, and 35" x 12.5" tires. No noticeable uneven tire wear at this time.

Anybody know why this might be and how I can fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Or if you have a stock track bar you will need to get an adjustable one. I've technically needed one for well over a year now but I have yet to get one.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BobNH

Do you have a lift? I had this with my tj after 2" lift. The front was about an inch over one side and the rear an inch over on the other. It's from the trackbar as has been noted, and also as noted, not a big issue other than those OCD types such as myself who are annoyed by it visually. Always tracked straight, jo weord tire wear. I ran it like that about 8 years.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Or if you have a stock track bar you will need to get an adjustable one. I've technically needed one for well over a year now but I have yet to get one.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have yet to see an adjustable track bar be SHORTER than factory. IF I'm reading the OP right, his rear axle is shifted to the driver side and that would mean his track bar is TOO LONG. Needless to say, an adjustable track bar wouldn't do anything to fix this.

OP, assuming you do not have an adjustable track bar, is it safe to assume you have a small lift with a track bar relocation bracket installed? If so, you didn't get as much lift as you thought you were going to get and the relocation bracket provided too much correction. Again, this is NO BIG DEAL and certainly nothing worth throwing money at to fix unless you have rubbing issues because of it.

jmedgar

I had a similar issue after installing a 2.5 terraflex lift with their axle side relocation bracket. It had 2 holes and I just needed to go to the lower one to effectively shorten things up.

Paws

That's does seem odd sticking out in drivers side.

If not your trackbar maybe you received 2 different backspaced ATX bead locks? Can you check from your fender-well to the inside of each tire?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom