Lockers

mikem0141

Looking to lock up when I do my regear but not sure what's best I'm a believer in simplest is best should I do with a Detroit or something that is always locked for the rear and an e locker or arb front, or do both e or arb? How bad will drivability be, it is a DD? I'm on stock axles and shafts they will stay that way till one of them snaps 😂

Sent from my XT1650 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jorgelrod

Hooked
Looking to lock up when I do my regear but not sure what's best I'm a believer in simplest is best should I do with a Detroit or something that is always locked for the rear and an e locker or arb front, or do both e or arb? How bad will drivability be, it is a DD? I'm on stock axles and shafts they will stay that way till one of them snaps ��

Sent from my XT1650 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Auto Lockers on 2012+ will not work and many will argue that you can, trust me, the TCM does not like it and will put you in limp mode almost immediately. Best option is a selectable locker, wether E-locker or Air activated. ARB is at the top, followed by the rest, they all have their pros and cons. I am personally running Yukon Zip lockers which are Air Activated after my 2014 did not want to play with a detroit I purchased.

If you have an older Jeep, you might be able to do the Auto Locker but road manners will change and you should keep it in mind...

rockwell

Since your location isn't posted I'll assume you're in New Hampshire where we can get a bit of snow. Since you daily drive it you will not want the auto locker in the winter, you'd be going sideways on snow and ice.

WJCO

Meme King
Selectable lockers are probably the best way to go. Also, if you don't have a Rubicon, locking the 30 probably isn't a good idea.

BobNH

Since your location isn't posted I'll assume you're in New Hampshire where we can get a bit of snow. Since you daily drive it you will not want the auto locker in the winter, you'd be going sideways on snow and ice.
I'm assuming Mass., by his previous wheeling pref, and his favorite trail. A distant goal of mine, that road.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Selectable lockers are probably the best way to go. Also, if you don't have a Rubicon, locking the 30 probably isn't a good idea.

This ^^^ Also, if you get snow and icy roads, it's always better to have something you can turn off for it.

Top Bottom