AEV ProCal and Manual Transmission

Ctowns

I've looked and can't find a specific answer to my question and since I have no experience with programmers please bear with me if this is an obvious answer.

:idontknow:

I have the 6 speed manual in my 2 door JK, my question is do I still need to get a programmer like the AEV ProCal since I've upgraded to 33" tires? Will it make any difference in performance since I have the manual transmission?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've looked and can't find a specific answer to my question and since I have no experience with programmers please bear with me if this is an obvious answer.

:idontknow:

I have the 6 speed manual in my 2 door JK, my question is do I still need to get a programmer like the AEV ProCal since I've upgraded to 33" tires? Will it make any difference in performance since I have the manual transmission?

You will not need one for performance purposes, only to get your speedo/odometer reading correctly.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can you use a friends or does it program its self to the vehicle it was first used on?

The programmer is VIN locked to the vehicle it was used on. The only way you could use it is if he removed the program from his Jeep.

jkrossi

Is this system going to be user friendly for someone that is not real techy like myself? I'm good at the manual hands on part but not so much with computer side of things. All I really need to do is get my computer speedo and tach to recognize 35" tires.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is this system going to be user friendly for someone that is not real techy like myself? I'm good at the manual hands on part but not so much with computer side of things. All I really need to do is get my computer speedo and tach to recognize 35" tires.

Oh yeah, couldn't be easier to use. Very low tech - just turn the dip switches on or off as instructed, plug it in, wait for your horn to honk and you're golden :yup:

jkrossi

Sweet sounds easy enough for me. Thanks brother.

Sent from my DROID X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Irishcoffee

Put the pins as shown in that booklet and after you hear the horn everthing is fine!
Check your odo with a navigation application/device to see if all is matching in terms of speed!
Voila, easy!

Top Bottom