EVO Rockers Question

bowtech50

Do you guys treat the holes drilled for the nutserts with anything to prevent rust, and do you put anything between the guard and body on install? Thanks

Ddays

Hooked
Do you guys treat the holes drilled for the nutserts with anything to prevent rust, and do you put anything between the guard and body on install? Thanks

I used a small paintbrush and self etching primer and coated the bare metal where you drilled twice. When I installed the nutserts (I bought stainless ones BTW) I dipped them in silicone. Make sure you use antisieze on the screws as well. Put a good coat of wax on the paint before you fasten the skins on. I took mine off after about a year and a half and everything looked great.

aTX427

Is there a benefit to them if you have the sliders? I see a lot of people running both, but can't stand nutserts.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Is there a benefit to them if you have the sliders? I see a lot of people running both, but can't stand nutserts.

Since JKs have rubber body mounts the body will flex enough to smash the pinch seam into the frame mounted sliders. The rock skins prevent the impact from transferring in the rocker panel. So you have to drill holes in jeep to keep it from getting it trashed....ironic.

Top Bottom