Prorock 60 Front Brakes 8x6.5 Caliper Orientation Question

Buster3479

I'm converting my front Prorock 60 from 5x5.5 to 8x6.5 I'm at the point of installing the new calipers, they are the F-350 calipers supplied by Dynatrac. Unfortunately, I opened the boxes a few weeks ago, and don't remember what part was in what box!

Can anyone with 8x6.5 and F-350 calipers tell me if the bleeders and banjo bolts are on top, or bottom of the caliper when installed? I don't want to accidentally install, torque, and bleed the right on the left, and vice versa.

Words, or a quick picture of the caliper banjo bolt and bleeder orientation would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to have this installed and rolling before Dynatrac is back in the office on Monday.

Thank you!

Buster3479

Thanks SDG. Those look like different calipers, and the banjo is near the middle much like my old ones. Benito, could you snap a quick picture of how the banjo is oriented? Shouldn't have to remove anything, just point at the back of the wheel and shoot. I'd greatly appreciate it.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Thanks SDG. Those look like different calipers, and the banjo is near the middle much like my old ones. Benito, could you snap a quick picture of how the banjo is oriented? Shouldn't have to remove anything, just point at the back of the wheel and shoot. I'd greatly appreciate it.
No problem. I happened to have these pics from when I popped off the calipers to anti-squeek them a couple months ago.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No problem. I happened to have these pics from when I popped off the calipers to anti-squeek them a couple months ago.

LOL!! That squeak of yours wouldn't have been from that mud pit we went through? Had to do the same for mine :crazyeyes: :D

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I'm converting my front Prorock 60 from 5x5.5 to 8x6.5 I'm at the point of installing the new calipers, they are the F-350 calipers supplied by Dynatrac. Unfortunately, I opened the boxes a few weeks ago, and don't remember what part was in what box!

Can anyone with 8x6.5 and F-350 calipers tell me if the bleeders and banjo bolts are on top, or bottom of the caliper when installed? I don't want to accidentally install, torque, and bleed the right on the left, and vice versa.

Words, or a quick picture of the caliper banjo bolt and bleeder orientation would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to have this installed and rolling before Dynatrac is back in the office on Monday.

Thank you!

Thanks everyone, torquing them down now.

Glad you got it sorted out. For future reference, the bleeder should ALWAYS be on top, air floats. ;)

SDG

Caught the Bug
LOL!! That squeak of yours wouldn't have been from that mud pit we went through? Had to do the same for mine :crazyeyes: :D
Hahaha! Yeah, those squeaks just didn't want to go away! Cleaned everything and lubed it back up and reassembled. Tried some 'new' synthetic stuff and the jury is still out, thinking the copper paste is still better.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha! Yeah, those squeaks just didn't want to go away! Cleaned everything and lubed it back up and reassembled. Tried some 'new' synthetic stuff and the jury is still out, thinking the copper paste is still better.

LOL!! I took everything apart, cleaned the guide clips with steel wool and then sprayed the back of them and the metal shields on the back of the pad with CRC brake squeak stop. Totally did the trick for me.

BTW, sorry for the thread hi-jack :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom