Squeeking noise from the rear of my JK

ShinDiggity

OK so I am hearing a squeeking noise coming from the back of my JK when I go over bumps and dips at slow speeds. I think its the rear drivers side because I push down on the rear and I hear it. I thought it might be the bumper but can ot be the rear shocks? Anybody else have issues like this? Im a JK noob and any info would be great.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Check if your rear track bar is properly greased at the frame mount. I went nuts trying to find a squeak in rear for 6 mos. I finally found it there

JKBANDIT55

OK so I am hearing a squeeking noise coming from the back of my JK when I go over bumps and dips at slow speeds. I think its the rear drivers side because I push down on the rear and I hear it. I thought it might be the bumper but can ot be the rear shocks? Anybody else have issues like this? Im a JK noob and any info would be great.

Might be the shocks. Have someone push down while your under so you can see what it is. When my old shocks went bad on my old JK some of them had a squeak. Also, check the bushings. Usually the rubber bushings that the bolt goes through to mount make some squeeking sounds.

ShinDiggity

Im thinking it is the shocks. I can't find anything loose. The shocks came with the JK and I think they are ProComp shocks. I am going to upgrade them soon anyways so hopefully they hold until the swap. Or I could win the Rancho shocks give-away!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Im thinking it is the shocks. I can't find anything loose. The shocks came with the JK and I think they are ProComp shocks. I am going to upgrade them soon anyways so hopefully they hold until the swap. Or I could win the Rancho shocks give-away!

Disconnect the shock and test it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that you can hear it when you bounce your Jeep up and down, have someone do that as you lie on the ground and hold different components like your shock. If it vibrates, it is most likely what is squeaking. If your shocks have polyurethane bushings, that is most likely what is making the noise.

ShinDiggity

Just spent an hour trying to figure out the squeeking noise and no luck. It's definitely coming from the rear passenger side in the area of the shocks and springs but I can't pinpoint it. Sprayed some WD40 in the area hoping it would get rid of it but no luck with that either. I might just have to take it in. It started after a trail ride I did a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully its not something major.

Top Bottom