Check Engine Light

Torqt JK

This past week my check engine light started flashing a handfull of times on my 2012 Rubicon. My engine idled noticably rough than normal. I checked to see if it logged any codes but it didn't, just read "done". Any thoughts? I'm taking it into dealership tomorrow. Hope I'm still under warrenty.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Being a '12 you should be under warranty. You could try resetting the light by disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes. I had to do that the other day on mine after it through a few lights.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You should definitely take your Jeep in to have it looked at. You might have the cylinder head issue that a lot of us had.

How To Read DTC Error Codes -

1. To check your Jeep JK Wrangler’s DTC codes, simply insert your key into the ignition, turn it to the ‘ON’ position but do not start the engine. Then, push the key into the ignition cylinder and while holding it in, turn it to the ‘OFF’ position and then back to the ‘ON’ position (3) times straight making sure to end with it in the ‘ON’ position. It is important to keep pushing in on the key to prevent it from catching at the different positions along the way.
2. If you do step #1 correctly, all your dash lights will illuminate and your odometer will show up as a series of (6) dashes. If your Jeep JK Wrangler has logged any DTC’s, they will be displayed soon after the dashes appear. Write down the DTC(s).
3. If your Jeep JK Wrangler has not logged any DTC’s, the dashes on your odometer will be followed by the message ‘-done-’. Turn your key to the ‘OFF’ position and you will in fact be done.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
This past week my check engine light started flashing a handfull of times on my 2012 Rubicon. My engine idled noticably rough than normal. I checked to see if it logged any codes but it didn't, just read "done". Any thoughts? I'm taking it into dealership tomorrow. Hope I'm still under warrenty.

I had the same thing happen to my 2012 Rubi in the second week of its life. It felt like it was running on 5 cyls. immediately after starting. I thought it might clear if I drove a little. When it didn't I pulled over, turned it off and waited about 15 secs. and restarted. Everything was cool and haven't had the problem again. I'm thinking the engine mgmt. computer executed a faulty start up check. The next time at the dealer (couple of weeks) I asked them to see if there were any fault codes related to the incident. Nada. Figured I had dodged an electrical gremlin bullet so, feelin' lucky I bought a lottery ticket. Nada. Hope it's nothing like mine appears to have been.:thinking:

Torqt JK

Well bad news received, cylinder head needs to be replaced:grayno: They don't know how long its going to take to fix, ordering parts tomorrow. I know some people have had to wait 2 months, hopefully sooner than that. Anyone know if crystler will pony up for a rental car? I only have the 3 year/36000 mile warrenty.

Top Bottom