front brake caliper bolt

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Changed out my front brakes today. Pretty much followed the write up for the rear brakes. I'd like a verification on the caliper bolt torque setting. These are two large (21 mm) bolts that I needed to loosen to get the caliper off. If I go by the handy project-jk torque settings list, I believe it's called the "front caliper adapter" and it should be torqued to 120 ft lbs. Since I was looking at the rear write up while working earlier today, I am currently only at 55 ft lbs leading me to believe I need to go back and tighten them further. Does this sound right? 55 fts lbs vs. 120 ft lbs seems like a big difference. As I recall, they were pretty hard to loosen up.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
cool, thanks Eddie! I'll tighten them up tomorrow. Congrats on getting Chrysler to overturn the flag status on Moby. Seeings how your forums have undoubtedly increased jeep sales and continues to create excitement for jeeps, I would think you guys would have some pull with them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
cool, thanks Eddie! I'll tighten them up tomorrow. Congrats on getting Chrysler to overturn the flag status on Moby. Seeings how your forums have undoubtedly increased jeep sales and continues to create excitement for jeeps, I would think you guys would have some pull with them.

LOL!! Whether I do or don't, I never make it a point to let Chrysler know what I do. If I got preferential treatment, I wouldn't have a clear idea of how they would treat everyone else and that is important to me.

Top Bottom