JK Door Gasket

JoeB-JKURX

About once a week, I feel for the gasket under the driver's side door. Almost always, it is out from the small ledge on the inside of the door bottom and, occasionally, out from both ledges (and loose under the door). It is easy enough to pop back into place but a pain since it is so frequent. Are others on this forum experiencing this problem? Has anyone figured out anything to keep it in place (not sure glue would be a good choice but silicone caulk might work)?

J

JKDream

About once a week, I feel for the gasket under the driver's side door. Almost always, it is out from the small ledge on the inside of the door bottom and, occasionally, out from both ledges (and loose under the door). It is easy enough to pop back into place but a pain since it is so frequent. Are others on this forum experiencing this problem? Has anyone figured out anything to keep it in place (not sure glue would be a good choice but silicone caulk might work)?

Mine does it, but not nearly as frequently as yours.
How old is your JK? They will stretch out over time. I'd probably just replace it opposed to gluing it to the door.

JoeB-JKURX

Mine does it, but not nearly as frequently as yours.
How old is your JK? They will stretch out over time. I'd probably just replace it opposed to gluing it to the door.

Mine's a '14 and kept in a garage (not sure that matters). It doesn't seem to be stretched (it stays nearly in place with it fully out of the slot). Not a very good design as the inner edge of the gasket rubs against the door opening each time it is closed (doesn't take much to pop it out of the slot). I might try to loosen the door hinge mounts and move them up a bit to lessen the friction.

aTX427

Do you notice and door misalignment? It could be catching on the body as you close the door and rolling it off in the process.

jeeeep

Hooked
i thought the bottom part of the seal had some plastic tabs that snapped in along the bottom to keep it in place.

it's possible that those tabs have separated from the rest of the seal.

you might check to see if that's what is keeping the seal from staying in the groove.

Top Bottom