Rear coil bowed

JKrob15

Getting an allignment done, everything lines up on the machine however I have some crazy bowing on the rear passenger coil.

IMG_20180102_095025.jpg IMG_20180102_095015.jpg
And compared to the drive side:
IMG_20180102_095118.jpg

J

JKDream

It's pretty normal once you correct your pinion angle after a lift.
There aren't any negative effects from it. If it really bugs you - you can add adjustable coil perches on the axle.

fiend

Caught the Bug
You can get wedges that sit on the perch beneath the spring to correct the bowing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, totally normal with pinion correction. Not the most sightly thing and in some cases, your track bar can come into contact with the springs because of it but that's about it.

You can get wedges that sit on the perch beneath the spring to correct the bowing.

eh, I've tried them and they don't really do shit. Or at least, not enough to make a real difference. If you really want to fix the bowing, nothing short of installing adjustable lower perches like what JKS makes will do the job.

JKrob15

Thanks for the information everyone. Learning as I go with this Jeep. Just out of curiosity, do the dynatrac 60s account for a lifted Jeep with how they mount the perch?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

maskale

I didnt like the bow, so welded in some Artec spring perches. I think I ended up moving them like 7/8" forward. Tac first and cycle the suspension to full droop to make sure you dont rub anywhere, like the gas tank.

jsukey

Yours doesn't look as bad as mine did. While changing my brake shoes, I noticed that my bumpstop bracket had been making contact with the frame side trackbar bracket at full stuff. After some investigating...I discovered that the rear control arms were too long. With the 2.5 X-Factor, it's supposed to push your axle back 1". Mine was pushed back a hair over 2". The upper and lower control arms were adjusted all the way in, so that wasn't the issue. 4WheelParts installed the lift, so I never took notice. After measuring the upper and lower control arms and speaking with Rock Krawler, they agreed they were too long and sent me a new set for the cost of shipping. Pretty awesome customer service for a 5 year old lift that I bought off of the previous owner because he sold his Jeep before ever installing it! I would check to make sure your axle isn't pushed too far back as well. My springs have a very slight curve now, and all is well.
A05434A4-0078-4545-B062-DDB8AB612AAB.jpg
axle.jpg
A0F311AA-F119-4642-A40A-F72A1CD75D7C.jpg

croge17

I pushed my rear axle back a little over 2" and added RK 3" offset bumpstop extensions and 3" offset spring perches for the axle.

Top Bottom