1st Trail Tomorrow!

WranglerWilly83

So as some of you know, I just got
My first wrangler and super excited and happy to be a member of WAYALIFE! Thanks again for all the interaction from everyone and warm welcomes! So tomorrow me and my lady and 2 of my kids are going to go Jeeping for the first time and go to some trails! Any advice for first time hitting the trails?? Anything you did your first time that maybe you can prevent me from doing? Thanks in advance! I’m in Florida also so you can get an idea of my terrain and weather. It’ll be 57 tomorrow and sunny. IMG_5074.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
That’s awesome... My first time I didn’t want to get out of the jeep... your gonna have a blast... if you are the only jeep going, just know your limitations.... don’t want to scare the family the first time out. Enjoy the scenery.

WranglerWilly83

That’s awesome... My first time I didn’t want to get out of the jeep... your gonna have a blast... if you are the only jeep going, just know your limitations.... don’t want to scare the family the first time out. Enjoy the scenery.

Thank you for that! Yea I’m going to go super light while I get to learn my vehicle and learn how to truly 4x4 etc. // not going to do anything extreme at all. Plus everything is bone stock ‘15 Willy’s Wheeler so don’t have any upgrades for the tough stuff anyways.

Have a great time! Slow and steady. Don’t drive over anything you can’t see first. It’s totally normal to get out of your Jeep a lot to scope out obstacles before proceeding. Pack plenty of food and drinks for the fam. And take a ton of pics.

Battle Born JK

Just go have fun dont do anything stupid and just have fun with your lady and kids. Take lots of pictures and make good memories 👍

WranglerWilly83

Have a great time! Slow and steady. Don’t drive over anything you can’t see first. It’s totally normal to get out of your Jeep a lot to scope out obstacles before proceeding. Pack plenty of food and drinks for the fam. And take a ton of pics.

Priceless: I did not know it was normal to get out of my Jeep and scope out obstacles at all. I would’ve thought it was a rookie move to do that so I’m sooooo glad you told me that. A huge THANK YOU!!!!!

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Priceless: I did not know it was normal to get out of my Jeep and scope out obstacles at all. I would’ve thought it was a rookie move to do that so I’m sooooo glad you told me that. A huge THANK YOU!!!!!

Very normal especially when wheeling alone. A rookie move would be driving off some big shit without knowing it was there. Take it easy and enjoy yourself. Not sure what your cell coverage will be like and all that but keep safety in mind at all times and even more so when out alone. Tell people where you’re going and when you expect to be back. Don’t let ego get in the way. If something looks hairy just skip it. It would suck to have your wife hate wheeling after the first trip out. Take some basic tools even on easy trails. You never know what will happen. As mentioned above, plenty of water. More than you think you’ll need. Just use your brain basically. And most of all have fun and make sure all your passengers have fun too. It’s a great way to spend some family time together. :thumb:

WranglerWilly83

Very normal especially when wheeling alone. A rookie move would be driving off some big shit without knowing it was there. Take it easy and enjoy yourself. Not sure what your cell coverage will be like and all that but keep safety in mind at all times and even more so when out alone. Tell people where you’re going and when you expect to be back. Don’t let ego get in the way. If something looks hairy just skip it. It would suck to have your wife hate wheeling after the first trip out. Take some basic tools even on easy trails. You never know what will happen. As mentioned above, plenty of water. More than you think you’ll need. Just use your brain basically. And most of all have fun and make sure all your passengers have fun too. It’s a great way to spend some family time together. :thumb:

More priceless advice. Me saying “thanks” doesn’t even express my gratitude. I love WAYALIFE & the members here! I’m taking notes and basing my day off the advice I’m getting here. This is awesome I can’t wait!

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Have a great time, as mentioned above take necessities, and check things out before wheeling thru it, check to make sure your jack and everything you need is in the back.

Post the pics when you get back!

WranglerWilly83

Have a great time, as mentioned above take necessities, and check things out before wheeling thru it, check to make sure your jack and everything you need is in the back.

Post the pics when you get back!

Awesome! Got me hyped just talking about it. I picked out my clothes like it’s the first day of school and I’m 34 lol anyways I’ll try and take some good pics and post tomo!

Top Bottom