1st Trail Tomorrow!

wjtstudios

Hooked
I can’t say enough how cool this community is. These are the best people in the world. I can’t believe everyone on WAYALIFE is so nice and supportive. Thank you to whoever made this site and runs this site.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome to the family. Wayoflife (Eddie) is the genius behind this great cadre of jeep owners and enthusiasts. Just don’t try to sell anything on here until you’ve posted at-least 1,000 or so posts! Enjoy!

WranglerWilly83

Welcome to the family. Wayoflife (Eddie) is the genius behind this great cadre of jeep owners and enthusiasts. Just don’t try to sell anything on here until you’ve posted at-least 1,000 or so posts! Enjoy!

1,000 got it! But being that I just bought my first one I’d probably be buying a whole lot more than selling right now lol thank you Eddie for the creation of WAYALIFE also (if you even get a chance to read this)!!!

14JK-U

not sure what your area is like in florida but there's gotta be a 4x4 club of some sort pretty local to you. might be a good idea to try and hook up with one for at least a newbie run of sorts. great learning experience and with people that have been doing it for a while. then re-assess if it's a club you'd like to stay apart of. unfortunately there's a lot of groups out there that just aren't good. also never be afraid to take the by passes or just say no, off camber situations you're not comfortable with (especially with family in the jeep) is never a good time to feel like peer pressure is to over whelming. side note: if a group tries to pressure you in to doing something it's probably not a good group

zimm

Caught the Bug
Where in Florida are you?

For your next trip make sure you have a 30' tow strap (without hooks on it, the good ones with loops) and a 3/4" D-ring in case you get stuck. Air down to 15psi when you get to the trail, it'll ride softer and give you better traction. Air up at a gas station before the highway slog back home.

If you start running with a club (highly recommend), they'll have a minimum equipment list which usually adds a CB radio, fire extinguisher, and some other items.

Oh, and go SLOW. Most newbie mistakes are going too fast or gunning the throttle.

WranglerWilly83

not sure what your area is like in florida but there's gotta be a 4x4 club of some sort pretty local to you. might be a good idea to try and hook up with one for at least a newbie run of sorts. great learning experience and with people that have been doing it for a while. then re-assess if it's a club you'd like to stay apart of. unfortunately there's a lot of groups out there that just aren't good. also never be afraid to take the by passes or just say no, off camber situations you're not comfortable with (especially with family in the jeep) is never a good time to feel like peer pressure is to over whelming. side note: if a group tries to pressure you in to doing something it's probably not a good group

I’m in Tampa, I sent a message to the Tampa Jeep Krewe still awaiting to hear back from them. They are the only group I know of out here. I actually saw a WAYALIFE sticker on one Jeep though.

WranglerWilly83

Where in Florida are you?

For your next trip make sure you have a 30' tow strap (without hooks on it, the good ones with loops) and a 3/4" D-ring in case you get stuck. Air down to 15psi when you get to the trail, it'll ride softer and give you better traction. Air up at a gas station before the highway slog back home.

If you start running with a club (highly recommend), they'll have a minimum equipment list which usually adds a CB radio, fire extinguisher, and some other items.

Oh, and go SLOW. Most newbie mistakes are going too fast or gunning the throttle.

I need equipment, that is next on the list for me to get. Already was looking at CB’s. Thanks for the Slow advice also.

jesse3638

Hooked
I need equipment, that is next on the list for me to get. Already was looking at CB’s. Thanks for the Slow advice also.

I carry the harbor freight 30' recovery strap (as mentioned, no metal hooks) and it works well as me how I know..haha. I also carry their "high volume" 12v compressor (I think it's a Pittsburg) I got it for around $50 on sale. It looks very similar to Viair's lower end model that clips onto the battery terminals. It airs up my 35's from 12psi to 27psi in about 12 mins. I purchased 3/4 D rings for $6ea from uscargocontrols.com. Nothing flashy but they all have worked well and you're not paying a premium from an off road site or shop. That'll get you what you need for around $125.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WranglerWilly83

I carry the harbor freight 30' recovery strap (as mentioned, no metal hooks) and it works well as me how I know..haha. I also carry their "high volume" 12v compressor (I think it's a Pittsburg) I got it for around $50 on sale. It looks very similar to Viair's lower end model that clips onto the battery terminals. It airs up my 35's from 12psi to 27psi in about 12 mins. I purchased 3/4 D rings for $6ea from uscargocontrols.com. Nothing flashy but they all have worked well and you're not paying a premium from an off road site or shop. That'll get you what you need for around $125.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

That’s actually not bad at all! Thanks for that

JKbrick

I’m in Tampa, I sent a message to the Tampa Jeep Krewe still awaiting to hear back from them. They are the only group I know of out here. I actually saw a WAYALIFE sticker on one Jeep though.

If you are in Tampa you should pm Jsouder53, he’s just down the road in Sarasota and seems like the kind of guy that would help you out

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WranglerWilly83

If you are in Tampa you should pm Jsouder53, he’s just down the road in Sarasota and seems like the kind of guy that would help you out

Sarasota isn’t quite down the road lol but it’s a fun drive there and it’s nice and beautiful out that way. I believe I did speak to him already and joined his chat that always gave meet ideas locally. Thanks for that also too! I’m excited and proud! I love what the Willy’s represent and stand for! I can’t get enough. I get home from work and every night I go on a little drive around town.

JKbrick

Sarasota isn’t quite down the road lol but it’s a fun drive there and it’s nice and beautiful out that way. I believe I did speak to him already and joined his chat that always gave meet ideas locally. Thanks for that also too! I’m excited and proud! I love what the Willy’s represent and stand for! I can’t get enough. I get home from work and every night I go on a little drive around town.

We fly from Ft Wayne to Tampa then drive to Bradenton to visit my folks

Top Bottom