Weight Savings and Tools

Hey guys, I am going to start cutting out some of the things that I daily carry in my Jeep. I carry two full tool boxes plus my recovery and camping gear. I'm going to keep my recovery and camping gear in because I don't want to be caught in a situation where I would want it. One of my tool boxes has hand tools and the other is a complete socket set. My question is what exact sockets sizes and wrenches do you carry? And do you only carry 1/2" or 3/8" and 1/4" as well? I want to be able to put all of my tools into one tool roll instead of two full tool boxes, I'm thinking through this, I can save 50-100 lbs in return saving gas mileage.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Don’t know how much of a weight savings you’ll get, but you will save a bunch of room with a tool roll. The also tend to rattle less. Exodus has a bunch of them on their website. Good quality too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Don’t know how much of a weight savings you’ll get, but you will save a bunch of room with a tool roll. The also tend to rattle less. Exodus has a bunch of them on their website. Good quality too.

Damn, those are some nice tool rolls! Pretty out of my price rang though... I'm more of a $20 off-brand tool roll kind of guy haha

Well, you did ask for a minimalist list. You could pretty much do all your suspension stuff with those wrenches/sockets.

Personally the space savings far outweighs the gas savings you won’t see. Try packing more efficiently? A hundred pounds in hand tools is a fuck ton of hand tools btw.

I guess I over exaggerated a bit on the weight and yes I should pack more efficiently. It was just easier to take a full socket kit until now wanting to slim down on what I daily drive with.

I guess I over exaggerated a bit on the weight and yes I should pack more efficiently. It was just easier to take a full socket kit until now wanting to slim down on what I daily drive with.

I get it. I do the same thing. It’s easier for me to take a socket set out of the garage tool box then put it back in when I get home.

I’d cut out camping gear. I mean honestly do you live in the Big woods of Canada? You’re in Iowa.

Yeah I suppose I could definitely. Maybe I’ll just keep the sleeping bag or a blanket. I just don’t like being caught with out my hammock on a nice day or my sleeping bag if I end up sleeping in the Jeep over night on a road trip haha. I will definitely cut out the unnecessary things like camp cooking stuff though!

Top Bottom