Weight Savings and Tools

Coop

Caught the Bug
I think the suggestion of the AAA card for Dailey driving Is pretty damn good. I made the mistake of leaving my recovery equipment bag in the Jeep after a trip and had a thief politely unzip my window and carry it off! That thing probably weighed every bit of 50 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tcjku

I keep a set of tools in this harbor freight bag, that I got on sale for $4. It fits under the rear seat: https://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-tool-bag-61467.html . I keep a breaker bar and torque wrench in the back as well.

When I work on my jeep at home I use the tools from the bag. If I find I can't do something because I'm missing a tool from the bag, I use that tool from my toolbox and then buy a duplicate to put in the bag that stays in the Jeep. So far, it's worked out pretty well.

I also carry a BFH, a tire plug kit, zip ties, gorilla tape, a spill kit and some of that magic steel weld stuff, as well as oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid and oil (in tall ammo cans in the back).

I once saw a guy tip his jeep on it's side and the transmission fluid leaked out. He was stuck on the trail until someone could get back from the auto store with some more, so I think it's a good thing to keep in the jeep, just in case :)

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Hey guys, I am going to start cutting out some of the things that I daily carry in my Jeep. I carry two full tool boxes plus my recovery and camping gear. I'm going to keep my recovery and camping gear in because I don't want to be caught in a situation where I would want it. One of my tool boxes has hand tools and the other is a complete socket set. My question is what exact sockets sizes and wrenches do you carry? And do you only carry 1/2" or 3/8" and 1/4" as well? I want to be able to put all of my tools into one tool roll instead of two full tool boxes, I'm thinking through this, I can save 50-100 lbs in return saving gas mileage.

Like all things tool related, I carry what I use... if you want to carry the tools you need, Its usually best to start with tools you use. :idontknow: IMO no matter how prepared you are, You are still going to likely need what you don't have.

I daily carry drinking water, soft cooler (lunch box) w/ 4-5 fresh meals, gym bag, toilet paper, a phone charger, sun glasses, a good sharp knife, a flashlight, a jacket or 2, always a pair of flip flops OR high heels, a pack of gum, gas receipts (usually around 5-7 of them), big stack of napkins, proof of insurance, a 15mm wrench, a pen, aux cord... pretty much anything else that was left in the jeep. :thinking: Oh and of course what I need to change a flat and the winch controller. obviously.

Last edited:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Like all things tool related, I carry what I use... if you want to carry the tools you need, Its usually best to start with tools you use. :idontknow: IMO no matter how prepared you are, You are still going to likely need what you don't have.

I daily carry drinking water, soft cooler (lunch box) w/ 4-5 fresh meals, gym bag, toilet paper, a phone charger, sun glasses, a good sharp knife, a flashlight, a jacket or 2, always a pair of flip flops OR high heals, a pack of gum, gas receipts (usually around 5-7 of them), big stack of napkins, proof of insurance, a 15mm wrench, a pen, aux cord... pretty much anything else that was left in the jeep. :thinking: Oh and of course what I need to change a flat and the winch controller. obviously.

High heels? [emoji50][emoji848]

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
High heels? [emoji50][emoji848]

There is no limit on being overly prepared [emoji23]

You guys DON'T carry high heels constantly in your jeeps?!?! :hmm: :nuts:

...We use them WAY more often than just about everything else inside the Jeep combined... aside from MAYBE the aux cord... But the jeep has bluetooth so its hard to say for sure... :twocents:

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked

...We use them WAY more often than just about everything else inside the Jeep combined... aside from MAYBE the aux cord... But the jeep has bluetooth so its hard to say for sure... :twocents:

The only time there are high heals in my Jeep is if my wife is wearing them, and that’s not often lol I’m starting to wonder if you’re working as a drag queen on the weekends to support your Jeep addiction

fiend

Caught the Bug

I just assumed that “high heels” means boots in Texas. [emoji23]

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Top Bottom