Rebel off-road extreme weld on coilover

rogerk93

Ordered the rebel extreme weld on coilover for the back of my Jeep last week and I been doing my homework on tuning coil overs and there seems to be a lot, any advice from the guys who run coil overs already?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, not all coil over kits are made the same and just because you have them doesn't mean they can be dialed in the same way as other kits. From what I have personally seen, the Rebel kit only offers about 9" of vertical travel in the rear, this in spite of the long coil over it uses and this is due to its limiting design. Also, being that it has such a tall stance, it isn't exactly something you'd want to bomb across the desert in and really, that's where tuning is really helpful. If you're just rock crawling and/or driving around town with it, you'll be fine with what you get out of the box.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
lol you really ordered a coilover kit that has to cut through the tub, in New York, from rebel, have done your homework, but have no clue what you’re doing with them. Sounds like you have this all figured out.

rogerk93

lol you really ordered a coilover kit that has to cut through the tub, in New York, from rebel, have done your homework, but have no clue what you’re doing with them. Sounds like you have this all figured out.

The reason to why I ordered this kit I have the evo high and tight bumper, I had to cut the cross member in the back out, body mounts, and a good portion of the frame out. I couldn’t do their other kit, I wanted the 2.5 coil over so it really limited my options, also I don’t care about my tub being open to the elements.

rogerk93

Unfortunately, not all coil over kits are made the same and just because you have them doesn't mean they can be dialed in the same way as other kits. From what I have personally seen, the Rebel kit only offers about 9" of vertical travel in the rear, this in spite of the long coil over it uses and this is due to its limiting design. Also, being that it has such a tall stance, it isn't exactly something you'd want to bomb across the desert in and really, that's where tuning is really helpful. If you're just rock crawling and/or driving around town with it, you'll be fine with what you get out of the box.

I see what you are saying, once I get the kit and install it I am going to see what I can do to the kit. I guess it is going to be a lot of trial and error.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

Good to know! I have been (sort of) glancing at the Rebel kit, but looks like I’ll be going a different direction...

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
The reason to why I ordered this kit I have the evo high and tight bumper, I had to cut the cross member in the back out, body mounts, and a good portion of the frame out. I couldn’t do their other kit, I wanted the 2.5 coil over so it really limited my options, also I don’t care about my tub being open to the elements.

I’m not totally read up on it all so I don’t know if you even could run the Evo kit, but I believe you can get 2.5’s, you just have to call to order them.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Why do you need the 2.5 coilover in Yonkers?

Ddays

Hooked
Why can't you use the EVO coilover kit Roger? I understand the DTD is out because the crossmember is gone, but the HNT bumper doesn't affect the upper shock mounting point does it? As noted, those Rebel kits are awfully tall. On the last trip you cleared everything great at your current height, no?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Why can't you use the EVO coilover kit Roger? I understand the DTD is out because the crossmember is gone, but the HNT bumper doesn't affect the upper shock mounting point does it? As noted, those Rebel kits are awfully tall. On the last trip you cleared everything great at your current height, no?

It’s bolt on. Not cool enough.

rogerk93

The height of my Jeep won’t change at all, it will stay exactly where it is, this kit will remove where the coilover will normally get bolted up in factory location and have a tab welded on top of the factory tube where the spring perch is.

Top Bottom