PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO : MOAB - IT STARTS AGAIN / Part 2 - Metal Masher & Poison Spider + CODE 1

wayoflife
04-24-2018, 12:20 AM
After a lightning storm, a down pouring of heavy rain and even a bit of hail, we kicked off a muddy day of wheeling in Moab, out on one of favorite trails, Metal Masher. It would be here that I'd get to experience for myself, the problems associated with bumping up a big obstacle and without having our JL Wrangler's automatic transmission shifted into manual mode. It would also be here that I'd find the negative side of a hitch mounted stinger and why it's always good to wheel with friends. The second half of our day would be spent wheeling with Dynatrac, out on the Poison Spider Mesa Trail and with the purposes of helping them do a photo shoot of CODE 1, their awesome Jeep JL Wrangler pick-up running 42" tires. As luck would have it, we were also able to get an interview with it's creators and learned more about the features that make it so cool. We hope that you enjoy the show and we'd love to hear what you think of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgmX1rOQIMA

More than just being the newest model Jeep, the best part about owning a JL Wrangler is the fact that its allowed us to start all over again. We get to install new lift kits, new wheels and tires and all kinds of new accessories but even better than that, we've been able to experience the thrill of wheeling a brand new Jeep, in a place like Moab and like it was our very first time. "MOAB : IT STARTS AGAIN" is a WAYALIFE Epic Trex Adventure that highlights the all new pilgrimage we made out to the promised land in JET Li, our lightly modified Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. Along for the ride were our good friends Tony and Steph who came in their near identical JL Wrangler and Et and Michelle who came in their moderately modified JK Wrangler Unlimited.

WIN a Pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you'd like to WIN a pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses Giveaway, all you have to do is post up a response on this thread and let us know what you think of the video. Doing this will automatically enter into our drawing. A WINNER will be selected at random and announced when Part 3 is released. Thanks for watching and good luck to you! :cool:

https://www.wayalife.com/photos/upload/2018/04/16/20180416192156-72e0281a.jpg

Selected totally at random, the WINNER of the WAYALIFE shot glasses is...

Imho this is what's great about your videos, you take the time to show us what is happening, what went wrong or right and how to avoid same outcome or make it better.

Congratulations PatyWagon! :thumb:

Trail JK
04-24-2018, 12:49 AM
Awesome video! Glad you all discovered the shifting into manual that will be super helpful for people to know. Gorgeous views throughout!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

TOPLESS
04-24-2018, 12:58 AM
Well son of a bitch! Lol. Nice work you guys! Glad you found a work around for the transmission.
I know Code 1 has itís own thread but DAMN that thing is sweet!

RESURECTIONJK
04-24-2018, 01:10 AM
Another excellent video on another excellent trail. Weíre heading down in a few weeks and metal masher is on our list...oh and this stuff should would taste better in a pair of WAYALIFE shot glasses [emoji39]299942

RyanHanley
04-24-2018, 01:14 AM
Another great video Eddie love every minute

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

fiend
04-24-2018, 01:14 AM
Cool video. Power cutout sounds sketchy though.

I like the interview about creation of Code 1.

19YJ94
04-24-2018, 01:17 AM
Another great video to watch, it's definitely on my list to head over that way sometime! I am kind of partial to the rain and mud though. 😉

Judesign
04-24-2018, 01:30 AM
Great vid. Iím sure as the model progresses the revving stall will be addressed and remedied (even though you figured out how to defeat it already). Funny about the tail stinger causing you to lose contact. Never thought about that.

PatyWagon
04-24-2018, 01:32 AM
Another top notch video, if there's a way to defeat the governor function, then you'll find it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Labricon
04-24-2018, 01:40 AM
More inspiration to get my butt to Moab! Good to see you figured out how to avoid the power cut out, and awsome to see Code1 in action!

boardsurfer
04-24-2018, 01:43 AM
@3:40, that sound you hear is Moby in the garage laughing. :D

Great video as always!

ScoobyCarolanNC
04-24-2018, 01:50 AM
One of the most cinematic yet! That shot on the top on metal masher overlook was perfection. And I gotta admit I started laughing a bit when the music got all serious talking about the transmission... It was like a beloved TV character got a cancer diagnosis. 😝 Seriously though this was better than any in recent memory & now Iím convinced Iíve got to take my family out to experience it! Thank you!

RanchoRubi
04-24-2018, 02:00 AM
I love the closing section. How can you not love jeeps and Moab? Better than a Jeep commercial[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

notnalc68
04-24-2018, 02:10 AM
Someday....

Nice video!

drrags
04-24-2018, 02:11 AM
Awesome video, as usual. Your videos were and are a huge influence on my Jeeping life. Thanks.

BaddestCross
04-24-2018, 02:20 AM
Nice job! Code 1 is really impressive in person... I bet it's awesome to watch it in action. 👍

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Andy5160
04-24-2018, 02:21 AM
You guys nailed it again. Seeing Code1 and learn a bit more about that build was a really nice surprise [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=73415)

RockyJk
04-24-2018, 02:26 AM
Awesome video! Hope that trans issue is fixed before I get my JL lol
That booze holder on Code1 is genius

tippedover
04-24-2018, 02:27 AM
Great vid canít wait for part 3!

Rocralr
04-24-2018, 02:36 AM
Great video and great jeeps. There is nothin left to say. Great job!!

RMC2
04-24-2018, 02:49 AM
I love hearing serious Jeep people talk about a really cool build.

A bunch of really great Jeeps and Jeepers enjoying a great time. Thanks for letting us watch.

JKMW3
04-24-2018, 02:51 AM
Great video as expected - Love the Code 1, not sure I'll ever own a bucket that big to put on my list.

Taz81
04-24-2018, 03:18 AM
Another awesome video. Glad found a solution so to speak about the transmission. And it happened in a safest spot so nobody got hurt. Remember, Shiny Side Up!! Don't need to see Turtle Mode happening.

BABOOZLE
04-24-2018, 03:41 AM
Awesome video. Great feature on Code 1.

TrailHunter
04-24-2018, 03:43 AM
Bad Ass. They really set the bar high with Code 1... Fun watching the Shop Talk with a Moab backdrop... [emoji1360]

OverlanderJK
04-24-2018, 04:20 AM
Cool video and thanks for the walk around on code1! Metal masher is one trail I have yet to run but want to.

WranglerAz
04-24-2018, 04:20 AM
I think it is nice to watch Jeep videos with a good mix of trail, nature and music. Watching the few trail mishaps was interesting, since I have had the same issues, and its an opportunity to learn from.

Jkzinger
04-24-2018, 04:34 AM
Another fantastic video! You guys are so good at showcasing the scenery as well as the jeeps!

Samuelh3
04-24-2018, 05:09 AM
As my Jeep sits in the driveway with a control arm dangling underneath attached with zip ties, I watched this video and couldnít stop smiling. It makes me realize that even with minor set backs like this, getting out in my Jeep and being with friends has become my new passion. Itís the wayalife videos that shaped my vision of what it all could be like and this one for some reason takes me right back to when I was only wishing I had a Jeep. It never gets old and always feels new. Itís definitely more than just a Jeep. Itís a wayalife.

Brute
04-24-2018, 05:13 AM
Great Part Two of the series...slickrock, which really is a misnomer since it usually offers great traction, really becomes slick when it's wet and muddy, & your tires are wet also...

I've always opted for manual shifting in both the Brute & JK6 when in 4lo in order to control rpms...especially during hill climbs. Apparently in the JL it is a prerequisite...have you had any feedback from your Jeep contacts in regard to both yours & Tonys experience with the throttle glitch?

Lastly, Code 1 is an outstanding rig...I absolutely love what they've done to the body and top...

pop2tu
04-24-2018, 05:17 AM
Great video. I wonder if any of the tuning companies will try and make a program to fix the issue. CODE1 is a beast. Thank you for sharing with us.

jeeeep
04-24-2018, 05:19 AM
odd, video won't play for me in wayalife but it does on jlwrangler - same browser :idontknow:

Bear_JKU
04-24-2018, 06:06 AM
Awesome video guys! I liked the whole thing and seeing Code 1 was cool too!

frenchjk
04-24-2018, 12:41 PM
A thought on the cutoff......being that in manual it doesn't do it wouldn't that come from torque protection of sorts in full auto mode. (In that case paddles should be on the steering wheel to keep both hands on the wheel when climbing etc.) If there is a governor or protection maybe it can be turned off with a little software tinkering......:thinking::thinking:

krdadlamb
04-24-2018, 12:59 PM
Great video. Thanks Eddie. Always great when the wife can get you over the obstacle. "Well son of a bitch".
When is the CODE 1 giveaway?

TrainWreck618
04-24-2018, 01:11 PM
Awesome video! I really enjoyed the interview at the end. Looking forward to part 3.

Mgauger
04-24-2018, 02:13 PM
Looks like everyone had a blast!! Can't wait to get there myself!!

Fred WS
04-24-2018, 02:43 PM
Just Copy and Pasting from my YouTube comment.....

"Gotta admit... Cindy cleaning up when you were Stuck was pretty Cool! She seemed pretty Humble...
Nice to know in the Future if Stuck, you have the Tow Strap, the Winch, and when really Stuck.... Cindy! "

PS Awesome Video again... Really looking forward the next one! :)

PS PS There was a Video of the JL going to Neutral when it was parked super close to another Vehicle
(Collision Avoidance System? ), and the only way they could move it was to put it in Low? Wondering if at
the Angles you were at if the System detected the Rocks as a Threat! :)

Schulz081
04-24-2018, 03:33 PM
Another awesome video! :thumb:

RockingK
04-24-2018, 03:39 PM
Another great video showing us the ability of another great chapter in Jeep history. Thank you for doing these videos, they really help me experience the new JL before I order mine with the diesel. I have revised my build sheet so many times, seeing what works and what could be done differently. Great to see Dynatracís Code 1 up close. Figuring out the manual mode should help everyone avoid what could lead to a catastrophic issue, thanks👍.

wayoflife
04-24-2018, 03:43 PM
Awesome video! Glad you all discovered the shifting into manual that will be super helpful for people to know. Gorgeous views throughout!

Thanks Rachel! We need to get you and Ray out there with us again :yup:

Well son of a bitch! Lol. Nice work you guys! Glad you found a work around for the transmission.
I know Code 1 has itís own thread but DAMN that thing is sweet!

LOL!! Yeah, it's been a real help knowing what'll address the power cut out. Code 1 was sweet to see out on the trail. :yup:

Another excellent video on another excellent trail. Weíre heading down in a few weeks and metal masher is on our list...oh and this stuff should would taste better in a pair of WAYALIFE shot glasses

How lucky are you to be heading out there again :thumb:

Another great video Eddie love every minute

Thank you, so glad to hear it :)

Cool video. Power cutout sounds sketchy though.

I like the interview about creation of Code 1.

The power cut out sucked! Not happy with it at all. I am glad that we found a way to address it but it can be hard to remember to go back to manual after you've had to put it in reverse to maneuver around.

Another great video to watch, it's definitely on my list to head over that way sometime! I am kind of partial to the rain and mud though. 😉

LOL!! you can have it! :icon_crazy: :crazyeyes: :D

Great vid. Iím sure as the model progresses the revving stall will be addressed and remedied (even though you figured out how to defeat it already). Funny about the tail stinger causing you to lose contact. Never thought about that.

Hopefully. Talking to the guys at Jeep that I know, they didn't seem to think it was a problem. They just reminded me that I needed to be in manual mode. Regarding the stinger, that was definitely the reason why it wouldn't be my first choice to run.

Another top notch video, if there's a way to defeat the governor function, then you'll find it.

Well, so far, shifting into manual mode does the trick. I just gotta remember to do it especially after shifting into reverse.

More inspiration to get my butt to Moab! Good to see you figured out how to avoid the power cut out, and awsome to see Code1 in action!

It'd be a drive for you I know but it'd be well worth it, I can guarantee it.

wayoflife
04-24-2018, 03:52 PM
@3:40, that sound you hear is Moby in the garage laughing. :D

Great video as always!

:cheesy: I'm pretty sure I heard the laugh too :D

One of the most cinematic yet! That shot on the top on metal masher overlook was perfection. And I gotta admit I started laughing a bit when the music got all serious talking about the transmission... It was like a beloved TV character got a cancer diagnosis. 😝 Seriously though this was better than any in recent memory & now Iím convinced Iíve got to take my family out to experience it! Thank you!

LOL!! You can laugh but there was no acting there. The moment was a somber one and I was pissed.

I love the closing section. How can you not love jeeps and Moab? Better than a Jeep commercial[emoji106]

Once again, it was great having you and Michelle out there with us to make all this possible :yup:

Someday....

Nice video!

Thanks! Be great to have you out there with us :thumb:

Awesome video, as usual. Your videos were and are a huge influence on my Jeeping life. Thanks.

Thank you, we're flattered that you'd say as much :blush:

Nice job! Code 1 is really impressive in person... I bet it's awesome to watch it in action. 👍

Truth be told, as awesome as it looks, the 42's are kinda too big and not all that impressive to see in action. Of course, I'm sure that's just me.

You guys nailed it again. Seeing Code1 and learn a bit more about that build was a really nice surprise [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji7]

Glad we were able to give you a treat :)

Awesome video! Hope that trans issue is fixed before I get my JL lol
That booze holder on Code1 is genius

Well, if nothing else, so long as you keep it in manual mode while wheeling in 4LO, you should be good to go. The booze locker was awesome for sure :yup:

Great vid canít wait for part 3!

LOL!! I promise we'll get on it as soon as we get some sleep :crazyeyes:

Great video and great jeeps. There is nothin left to say. Great job!!

LOL - Thank you

wayoflife
04-24-2018, 03:59 PM
I love hearing serious Jeep people talk about a really cool build.

A bunch of really great Jeeps and Jeepers enjoying a great time. Thanks for letting us watch.

Glad that we were able to share this with you :)

Great video as expected - Love the Code 1, not sure I'll ever own a bucket that big to put on my list.

LOL!! Code 1 would need a pretty big bucket to make :crazyeyes:

Another awesome video. Glad found a solution so to speak about the transmission. And it happened in a safest spot so nobody got hurt. Remember, Shiny Side Up!! Don't need to see Turtle Mode happening.

LOL!! Indeed - keep the shiny side up for sure :crazyeyes:

Awesome video. Great feature on Code 1.

Thanks! We're glad you enjoyed the Code 1 feature.

Bad Ass. They really set the bar high with Code 1... Fun watching the Shop Talk with a Moab backdrop... [emoji1360]

We're were super glad to have been invited to join Dynatrac on their photoshoot and to do the interview with us.

Cool video and thanks for the walk around on code1! Metal masher is one trail I have yet to run but want to.

Make sure to come out with us next time around and we'll run it :thumb:

I think it is nice to watch Jeep videos with a good mix of trail, nature and music. Watching the few trail mishaps was interesting, since I have had the same issues, and its an opportunity to learn from.

Do you mean you have a JL and had the power cut out?

Another fantastic video! You guys are so good at showcasing the scenery as well as the jeeps!

Thank you, we really appreciate it :)

As my Jeep sits in the driveway with a control arm dangling underneath attached with zip ties, I watched this video and couldnít stop smiling. It makes me realize that even with minor set backs like this, getting out in my Jeep and being with friends has become my new passion. Itís the wayalife videos that shaped my vision of what it all could be like and this one for some reason takes me right back to when I was only wishing I had a Jeep. It never gets old and always feels new. Itís definitely more than just a Jeep. Itís a wayalife.

Awesome - thank you :)

Great Part Two of the series...slickrock, which really is a misnomer since it usually offers great traction, really becomes slick when it's wet and muddy, & your tires are wet also...

I've always opted for manual shifting in both the Brute & JK6 when in 4lo in order to control rpms...especially during hill climbs. Apparently in the JL it is a prerequisite...have you had any feedback from your Jeep contacts in regard to both yours & Tonys experience with the throttle glitch?

Lastly, Code 1 is an outstanding rig...I absolutely love what they've done to the body and top...

From what I've been told, it's a rev limiter that's kicking in and the way to mitigate it is to be in M-Gate or manual mode.

wayoflife
04-24-2018, 04:05 PM
Great video. I wonder if any of the tuning companies will try and make a program to fix the issue. CODE1 is a beast. Thank you for sharing with us.

That would be awesome if someone can come out with something to eliminate the power cut out problem. When you're going from reverse and back to drive to re-position yourself, it can be hard to remember to shift back in the manual mode.

odd, video won't play for me in wayalife but it does on jlwrangler - same browser :idontknow:

Really?? That is odd for sure. Glad that you were able to watch the video somewhere though.

Awesome video guys! I liked the whole thing and seeing Code 1 was cool too!

Thank you, so glad you liked it :cool:

A thought on the cutoff......being that in manual it doesn't do it wouldn't that come from torque protection of sorts in full auto mode. (In that case paddles should be on the steering wheel to keep both hands on the wheel when climbing etc.) If there is a governor or protection maybe it can be turned off with a little software tinkering......:thinking::thinking:

It's a solid thought and hopefully, it's something that someone can figure out with a programmer. I know that Jeep has no intentions of address it being that they say you should be in manual mode.

Great video. Thanks Eddie. Always great when the wife can get you over the obstacle. "Well son of a bitch".
When is the CODE 1 giveaway?

:cheesy: Yeah, rub it in why don't ya :crazyeyes: :D

Awesome video! I really enjoyed the interview at the end. Looking forward to part 3.

Awesome, glad to hear it :)

Looks like everyone had a blast!! Can't wait to get there myself!!

It really is a must even if it's just once. :yup:

Just Copy and Pasting from my YouTube comment.....

"Gotta admit... Cindy cleaning up when you were Stuck was pretty Cool! She seemed pretty Humble...
Nice to know in the Future if Stuck, you have the Tow Strap, the Winch, and when really Stuck.... Cindy! "

PS Awesome Video again... Really looking forward the next one! :)

PS PS There was a Video of the JL going to Neutral when it was parked super close to another Vehicle
(Collision Avoidance System? ), and the only way they could move it was to put it in Low? Wondering if at
the Angles you were at if the System detected the Rocks as a Threat! :)

:cheesy: Oh yeah, Cindy is handy to have around for the toughest stuff :D

Crazy about the CAS :icon_crazy:

Another awesome video! :thumb:

Thank you :)

Another great video showing us the ability of another great chapter in Jeep history. Thank you for doing these videos, they really help me experience the new JL before I order mine with the diesel. I have revised my build sheet so many times, seeing what works and what could be done differently. Great to see Dynatracís Code 1 up close. Figuring out the manual mode should help everyone avoid what could lead to a catastrophic issue, thanks👍.

That was our biggest hope with making this video - to show others what can happen and how to prevent it. :yup:

benatc1
04-24-2018, 04:27 PM
Really enjoyed part 2, looked like that red rock got a lot slicker when wet. Also glad you figured out the manual shift solution. Great video as always and enjoyed seeing the Code1 bonus look at the end. Looking fwd to the next video

Jsouder53
04-24-2018, 04:44 PM
Great video as always! Love the interview about Code 1 [emoji106]

Bruduc
04-24-2018, 05:07 PM
Behind every man there's a woman, thanks Cindy to show some humility in that world, she's the man 😂 awesome video one's again 👍

KICKROX
04-24-2018, 05:08 PM
My Bar at home could use some Wayalife shot glasses... oh, and as always.. great video ;) I do hope that Jeep has a fix for that issue.. hopefully as simple as updating/flashing or something like that since it seems to work in manual mode. Cheers! :beer:

wayoflife
04-24-2018, 06:26 PM
Really enjoyed part 2, looked like that red rock got a lot slicker when wet. Also glad you figured out the manual shift solution. Great video as always and enjoyed seeing the Code1 bonus look at the end. Looking fwd to the next video

Being went and with the mud/sand getting stuck in the tread did make things slicker. Glad you enjoyed the video. We need to get you out there with us :yup:

Great video as always! Love the interview about Code 1 [emoji106]

Glad you enjoyed the video and the interview.

Behind every man there's a woman, thanks Cindy to show some humility in that world, she's the man 😂 awesome video one's again 👍

:cheesy: Thanks

My Bar at home could use some Wayalife shot glasses... oh, and as always.. great video ;) I do hope that Jeep has a fix for that issue.. hopefully as simple as updating/flashing or something like that since it seems to work in manual mode. Cheers! :beer:

Sure would be nice if Jeep addressed this problem.

Linebacker
04-24-2018, 06:42 PM
Another excellent video. It shoots my theory the JL is mostly a cosmetic upgrade to the JK right in the ass.
I keep imagining a Jeep engineer gettin a cold one from the fridge and sitting down to watch part 2 and sees the transmission get confused mid-climb. :doh: Hope they fix that one fast.

benatc1
04-24-2018, 07:00 PM
Being went and with the mud/sand getting stuck in the tread did make things slicker. Glad you enjoyed the video. We need to get you out there with us :yup:

Glad you enjoyed the video and the interview.

:cheesy: Thanks

Sure would be nice if Jeep addressed this problem.

Your telling me! Maybe itís the videos or the time of year but Moab is on top of my list right now!

avstec
04-24-2018, 08:45 PM
Once again a great vidso as always. The more i see of the JL there more i want one.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

tjgoff
04-24-2018, 09:39 PM
Great video. Code1 gives me renewed belief in the potential of my JKU Sport

Clutch
04-25-2018, 02:14 AM
Sweet video! Surprised to see that Code 1 is running without a spare.

DH2002
04-25-2018, 02:17 AM
Awesome video, great editing as usual!!!

Jimbo
04-25-2018, 02:55 AM
Great video - not just a "Wayolife", but really as always a "Joyolife" - great scenery, great driving, great discussion. This "Georgia Jeeper" would love to get out there some day!!!:thumb:

jeeeep
04-25-2018, 03:18 AM
Really?? That is odd for sure. Glad that you were able to watch the video somewhere though.

I'm taking it as a sign from the cosmic forces ... go to the JL, the force is strong with the JL....

BMAC
04-25-2018, 03:46 AM
Great Video..... Moab is one of my favorite places.

ob_tj
04-25-2018, 04:48 AM
Awesome shots! Seeing code1 in person, pictures and videos just donít do it justice!

sunnysideup
04-25-2018, 05:18 AM
The good news is the trail wasn't dusty! And the colors in the video were pretty amazing.... I will be running those trails on my trip at the end of the may! Hope we can catch some color like that!

cozdude
04-25-2018, 10:10 AM
Love the video!! I can only imagine how much bump stop code1 has to be running so that the 42ís donít rip the fenders off!

Graywolf
04-25-2018, 02:11 PM
Great video, the new JL seems to be very capable with just a few mods. I have noticed that you have to get back to your driving skills, and not rely on the point and go that you have with Mobly. I had to do the same thing when I soled my 86 CJ that was highly moded. But getting back to watching the trail and picking your lines is what made me love this sport so much. Well that and my smokin hot wife and being out in the middle of no where and all the benie;s that provides. Oh and the beer, Don't forget the beer. LOL. :D

wayoflife
04-25-2018, 03:13 PM
Another excellent video. It shoots my theory the JL is mostly a cosmetic upgrade to the JK right in the ass.
I keep imagining a Jeep engineer gettin a cold one from the fridge and sitting down to watch part 2 and sees the transmission get confused mid-climb. :doh: Hope they fix that one fast.

LOL!! Oh, I can assure you that they've been watching our videos and I've even talked to them about it out in Moab. That being said, they don't seem to be too concerned about this one being that the answer for them is to be in manual mode.

Your telling me! Maybe itís the videos or the time of year but Moab is on top of my list right now!

Get your Jeep and let's do it :thumb:

Once again a great vidso as always. The more i see of the JL there more i want one.

LOL!! The JL is really nice :)

Great video. Code1 gives me renewed belief in the potential of my JKU Sport

Great to hear but I'm curious to know in what way?

Sweet video! Surprised to see that Code 1 is running without a spare.

LOL!! Where would they put it?

Awesome video, great editing as usual!!!

Thank you, we're so glad you liked it :)

Great video - not just a "Wayolife", but really as always a "Joyolife" - great scenery, great driving, great discussion. This "Georgia Jeeper" would love to get out there some day!!!:thumb:

LOL!! Awesome, thanks and yes, you need to get out there.

wayoflife
04-25-2018, 03:18 PM
I'm taking it as a sign from the cosmic forces ... go to the JL, the force is strong with the JL....

:cheesy: let go and follow the power of the force!

Great Video..... Moab is one of my favorite places.

Thanks!

Awesome shots! Seeing code1 in person, pictures and videos just donít do it justice!

Very true! :cool:

The good news is the trail wasn't dusty! And the colors in the video were pretty amazing.... I will be running those trails on my trip at the end of the may! Hope we can catch some color like that!

I might have preferred the dust but the colors couldn't be beat for sure.

Love the video!! I can only imagine how much bump stop code1 has to be running so that the 42ís donít rip the fenders off!

Even with the bump stop extensions on top of the bump stop extensions, Code 1 was still rubbing the fenders big time. :crazyeyes:

RESURECTIONJK
04-25-2018, 03:51 PM
I canít say enough just how much of an inspiration you guys are. Itís a big reason why I make it a point to get out every chance we get. Being that we do live so close to a lot of trails we are very lucky and itís something we certainly donít take for granted. Looking forward to getting out with you again, hopefully next trip down or sometime later in the year.

JeepDad17
04-25-2018, 06:05 PM
Great video as always! They inspire me to get my Jeep out and explore.

DINKELROC
04-25-2018, 06:18 PM
Great video of the new JL and Moab, Thank you guys for all of your hard work on these productions.

Rinkydink56
04-25-2018, 10:39 PM
He probably had the ECS turned on. IO was reading that this should be off when off road in situations as this.

wayoflife
04-25-2018, 10:51 PM
I can’t say enough just how much of an inspiration you guys are. It’s a big reason why I make it a point to get out every chance we get. Being that we do live so close to a lot of trails we are very lucky and it’s something we certainly don’t take for granted. Looking forward to getting out with you again, hopefully next trip down or sometime later in the year.

Need to plan a trip for sure :thumb:

Great video as always! They inspire me to get my Jeep out and explore.

Awesome, glad to hear it :cool:

Great video of the new JL and Moab, Thank you guys for all of your hard work on these productions.

You bet. We're just so glad that you enjoyed the video :)

He probably had the ECS turned on. IO was reading that this should be off when off road in situations as this.

Umm, welcome to WAYALIFE from 2017. You clearly have never wheeled a JL before. You might want to do that before talking about what you've been "reading". :yup:

BitBucket
04-25-2018, 10:59 PM
Eddie,

Great video and nice to see the JL in action. I just got back from a week April 8 -14th in Moab with friends. My old (now) JKU did great on Poison Spyder. We also hit White Pocket (similar to the Wave) on the way back.

sipafz
04-25-2018, 11:26 PM
Another great video! Really weird that the trans would shift or whatever under load like that. Looks like you got a handle on it now.

Dynatracís Code1 Jeep is the bomb! That looks so good with the top setup safari style. Want!

Brute
04-25-2018, 11:40 PM
Great video, the new JL seems to be very capable with just a few mods. I have noticed that you have to get back to your driving skills, and not rely on the point and go that you have with Mobly. I had to do the same thing when I soled my 86 CJ that was highly moded. But getting back to watching the trail and picking your lines is what made me love this sport so much. Well that and my smokin hot wife and being out in the middle of no where and all the benie;s that provides. Oh and the beer, Don't forget the beer. LOL. :D

Can you expound on the "smoking hot wife and being out in the middle of nowhere"...this could be a JL commercial

naysjp
04-26-2018, 01:00 AM
Good stuff. I learn something new every time I watch one of your videos.

robx251
04-26-2018, 01:19 AM
The video was great. I am glad you seem to have found a work around for the automatic transmission issue when it cuts out.

Also the CODE 1 was neat. I followed the build on MTOD and Facebook. The 42s seem huge on that jl

CharlesC
04-26-2018, 04:11 AM
Another great video with some Kick Ass Rigs! Thanks again for sharing🥃 Canít wait to experience Moab....

frenchjk
04-26-2018, 11:53 AM
Hi Eddie,
I was talking to a eletronics mech at Jeep near my place about the cutoff on the JL and even though we don't have tha model yet, nor will be getting the V6 he as a pretty good idea of what is going on.

His take is that the oil is getting too hot (to viscous) either in the engine or the trans and is giving cutoff signals to the system in certain positions. He believes the oil used should be slightly "heavier" .....

wayoflife
04-26-2018, 01:57 PM
Eddie,

Great video and nice to see the JL in action. I just got back from a week April 8 -14th in Moab with friends. My old (now) JKU did great on Poison Spyder. We also hit White Pocket (similar to the Wave) on the way back.

Awesome that you were able to get out there :thumb:

Another great video! Really weird that the trans would shift or whatever under load like that. Looks like you got a handle on it now.

Dynatracís Code1 Jeep is the bomb! That looks so good with the top setup safari style. Want!

Not 100% sure what the transmission is doing when it happens as it certainly doesn't shift. In fact, I would have thought the problem were throttle related or maybe had to do something with traction control but ruled that out once we realized the problem can be addressed by shifting into manual mode.

Code 1 is nice for sure :yup:

Good stuff. I learn something new every time I watch one of your videos.

Awesome, glad to hear it! :cool:

wayoflife
04-26-2018, 02:03 PM
The video was great. I am glad you seem to have found a work around for the automatic transmission issue when it cuts out.

Also the CODE 1 was neat. I followed the build on MTOD and Facebook. The 42s seem huge on that jl

Thanks and we're glad to have figured the power cut out problem too. Totally sucked when it happened.

Another great video with some Kick Ass Rigs! Thanks again for sharing🥃 Canít wait to experience Moab....

Definitely a place you have to experience first hand :yup:

Hi Eddie,
I was talking to a eletronics mech at Jeep near my place about the cutoff on the JL and even though we don't have tha model yet, nor will be getting the V6 he as a pretty good idea of what is going on.

His take is that the oil is getting too hot (to viscous) either in the engine or the trans and is giving cutoff signals to the system in certain positions. He believes the oil used should be slightly "heavier" .....

You know, we thought about this too and if you'll notice, when the problem happened to Tony, his fan kicked into high gear right after the power cutout happened. For me, my fan was already spinning in high gear when I lost power. The only thing that threw us off is that it also happened to me on Mirror Gulch and the fan wasn't roaring and so long as you're in manual mode, it doesn't happen. But still, it could be that heat has something to do with this problem.

jesse3638
04-26-2018, 06:05 PM
Awesome video! A little moistures is good to keep the dust down but what you guys were in was too much for me. I hate mud. I could see how the loss of power could be down right dangerous. Remembers when we got the 2011 F-250 and took it to the dunes the first time. In the 2007 you simply could just push teh ESC off button and you were good to go. In the new one you had to hold it to completely disable it and we discovered it when we needed momentum to turn. Went to throttle out of the turn and all of a sudden no power. We though we were going to roll very scary. I can't wait to get out there again and a JL is definitely on my distant radar..haha.

Edit: Should have went with the manual trans like you were thinking. Power cut out solved..haha.

stragler
04-27-2018, 10:28 PM
Another fantastic video that Code 1 Dynatrac is unbeliveable, thanks for showing it.

Zstairlessone
04-27-2018, 10:31 PM
Great video!! (If Iím drawn the shot glasses can go to a good cause [emoji1303]) keep Ďem coming!!!

HoosierWolf
04-28-2018, 03:27 AM
Finally got to watch part 2. Really enjoyed it. The interview at the end was an unexpected surprise. Only one complaint. This video needs more Tessa :)

wayoflife
05-01-2018, 12:44 AM
Selected totally at random, the WINNER of the WAYALIFE shot glasses is...

Imho this is what's great about your videos, you take the time to show us what is happening, what went wrong or right and how to avoid same outcome or make it better.

Congratulations PatyWagon! :thumb:

Brute
05-01-2018, 12:46 AM
Awlrighty...

Zstairlessone
05-01-2018, 01:04 AM
Well congrats!!

Jsouder53
05-01-2018, 01:08 AM
Congrats!!!

HoosierWolf
05-01-2018, 01:55 AM
Congratulations!

ob_tj
05-01-2018, 02:31 AM
Congrats! I guess that means part 3 is coming!!

TrailHunter
05-01-2018, 03:07 AM
Congrats PatyWagon!

Labricon
05-01-2018, 03:19 AM
Congrats PatyWagon🥃🥃

RESURECTIONJK
05-01-2018, 03:27 AM
Congrats!!!

Bear_JKU
05-01-2018, 03:41 AM
Congratulations PatyWagon!

PatyWagon
05-01-2018, 09:11 AM
OMG thanks so much Eddie!! Best addition to my collection! ! Time to watch part 3 :-) :-)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

CharlesC
05-01-2018, 01:13 PM
Congrats🥃