What should my caster be

silverbackjk

I have been having a little flighty steering and today I checked my caster and it was at 2.2. I thought I have read 4.5 is where I should be . I have a rock krawler 3.5 in lift and coast drive shaft. Any info will help.

mkjeep

Junkyard Dog
Your caster is going to be a trade off between driveline vibes and handling. Most people find that if you set it closer to stock( 4- 4.5 degrees of positive castor ) you should be ok. At this setting your flightyness will decrease signifigantly and handle much better than where you are now.
Ex. if you set it at 5 and are experiencing driveline vibes at highway speed(60-70mph) setting your caster to 4.5 or 4 will usually raise that vibe to a higher speed, say 75-80mph. This is just my experience. Mine is at 4.5 and I dont get vibes till I pass 80mph.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, the more positive caster you have, the tighter your steering will feel but, it is a trade off between handling and vibrations. About +4° (factory) is about where you want it to be as it should give you what you are looking for.

silverbackjk

As mentioned, the more positive caster you have, the tighter your steering will feel but, it is a trade off between handling and vibrations. About +4° (factory) is about where you want it to be as it should give you what you are looking for.

Great thanks:thumb:

Top Bottom