Programmer?

aldaman

I have a Procal and love it...At the time there wasn't a programmer available yet for the 2012 models, now I believe Diablo sport makes one for it. There are some things the Procal can't do that some programmers have as an option are:
-using the different octane tunes to increase HP/TQ
-data logging
-throttle response
-on board displays

White_JKU

I don't think diablo has actually released anything for the 12 and ups as far as performance enhancers... unless im mistaken... if they did, I imagine I would be seeing countless threads on HP and TQ gains all over all the forums I visit and I haven't seen anything except wishlists.

aldaman

I don't think diablo has actually released anything for the 12 and ups as far as performance enhancers... unless im mistaken... if they did, I imagine I would be seeing countless threads on HP and TQ gains all over all the forums I visit and I haven't seen anything except wishlists.

Here you go. Decent numbers for the 87 tune = 15 HP / 18 TQ

2067b74e0fad55f5297e5ffd38230a4a_zps65c22b0a.jpg

:cool:

dis_dis

Banned
The diablo is nice but it still can't do some things the procal can - like turning off the TPMS light.

TacPen

Banned
If you have the 3.8L the SuperChips is worth it. The throttle response and 91 octane performance tune make a noticeable difference and really improves the drive-ability. I would easily buy it again.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Saw this thread... http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?5404-AEV-ProCal-results-shocked-me
Seems like the procal would be the way to go, but any other suggestions? Pros and cons? Looking at superchips but can't see myself paying $300+ for it. Is it worth it? Don't mean to hijack but just trying to see if I can get any more input from anybody else who has run either one of these..or any other programmer out there.

The ProCal will allow you to calibrate your speedometer and that will help correct your shift points. This alone will help restore lost power after installing new tires, gears or both. Having said that, it is NOT a programmer in the sense that it will give you a boost in power. Only a Superchips, Hypertech or the like will allow you to modify your computers program to give you added performance. For me, I have tested out both and can tell you that the gains are not huge but definitely noticable and totally worth the higher cost. Of course, these will only work on an 07-10.

Devallee

Also..this might sound kinda dumb but I get it all the time. I have the 09 X **2 WHEEL DRIVE**. Yeah i said 2. What gears would I be running in the rear? I'm new to the gear thing and trying to learn about this stuff. I believe it's a Dana 44

DK'sJK

Talked with north ridge 4x4 today as I saw the 2011-2013 superchip procal on their website. Called them and they received the part number last week and could see them in stock in a couple of weeks. Called our local 4 wheel parts and they have not heard anything.

suicideking

I have a '12 and noticed a huge difference when I set my tire size with the Procal. If someone had charged me $1000 and told me it was re-geared, I probably would believe them.

TarheelVeteran

Anyone had a chance to do anymore comparisons between the Superchip and the Diablo? I'm planning on picking up a tuner now and continuing to tune as I mod my wrangler... I have an '11 Sahara...

I'll be adding 3in Rancho Trail and Mickey 35's and probably regearing to 4.88's...

Hoping to get an idea of which tuner makes the most sense for the money..

TarheelVet

Dune Crawler

I run the bullydog triple tuner and love it! Shows you trans heat, energy waste, instant MPG, trip MPG, RPM's, load, works as speedo, to much to go through. But if you wan just a plan old programmer I would go with Procal.

Life's a beach

2k13jk

I have a superchips flashpaq with a 93 tune uploaded to it i have a 2013 2dr sport 6 speed 3.6 and its a whole new truck with a tune on it no throttle delay alot more pickup and top end

TarheelVeteran

Thanks for the feedback... I have an 11 with the anemic 3.8...

I'm hopeful that I can get a little bit out of a programmer.. since I can't drop 5k on a supercharger...

Top Bottom