New soft top style?

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Saw this top on a jeep but don't think I've ever seen it before. Looks interesting, like a truck bed style. Apparently the back folds forward to open up the rear and of course the front opens like a sunrider. There is a window that unzips at the rear seats. Screenshot_20180727-094918.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, it's been around for a long time. Basically, it has a windjammer and a tonneau cover for the back. From the looks of it, this might be the one that Off Road Heros makes - who of course used to be California Tops and Gator Tops before that and who knows what else before that. Nice top but the company has a long history of screwing people over. Hence, all the name changes. I personally wouldn't recommend using them.

Robertcrav

Rampage and Bushwacker have recently come out with a top like this, dont remember which calls it the trail view tonneau top. Offroad Heroes has had a top like this for a while. It's essentially a fold back bimini top, wind stop and tonneau cover

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Well hell, guess I thought it was new because I've never seen one around with the rear window. I believe the one pictured is the new one from bushwacker. Doubt I'd ever run one but could be a cool summer top.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

BaddestCross

I run the Smittybilt setup...
1532710143087.jpg
I've got the windjammer panel dropped down in this pic. I like it because it stores the rear panels inside the roof, so it's easy to go from a full top to safari top without taking up any storage space - a premium in a 2 door. 😎

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

dillard09

I've got the Bushwacker Slant back on my jeep now. I havent seen it yet but Bubba from Exodus Jeeps can get them for ya if anyone is looking.
He installed mine so im sure he can answer any question about it.

Slimebones

dillard09

Looks to me like the Rampage Trailview Tonneau top. They gave me one last year but i sold my JKU (to buy my JLUR) before i had a chance to use it. Gave it to another employee who is running it on her JK. https://www.4wd.com/p/rampage-trail...3wW3J-w6h9JHe04qgmrUZANryD08Sa0IaAlNSEALw_wcB

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bushwacker and Rampage are the one and the same. They are sister companies.
I think the Rampage tops are the lower quality ones while the Bushwacker tops are twill. That looks like the Bushwacker one as it has the Bushwacker logo on the back middle of the top and on the duster cover on the drivers side rear.

Top Bottom