72” Axles | What BS to use?

devwil68

I’m about to pull the trigger on a set of 72” D60s and struggling with the Beadlocks. What is the best BS to use and what wheel recommended.

Looking at ATX Chamber 2 but it’s 4” of BS. Too much?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
On a 72" axle? Umm, no. You'll be just fine with 4" of back spacing. If it were me, I'd run wheels with more back spacing.

devwil68

On a 72" axle? Umm, no. You'll be just fine with 4" of back spacing. If it were me, I'd run wheels with more back spacing.

Funny you say that. I found the XD231 which I plan to go with @ 4.75” BS. Looks to fit the bill just right!

RSQCON

I’m running 68.5” axles with the common 3.5” backspacing and I don’t like the exposed ball joints. I will be switching to something closer to 5” +\-. I cannot remember what Dynatrac said the max backspacing is but I believe it’s eother 5” or 5.5”. I thought the reasoning for the introduction of the 72” width was so you could run wheels with 5” of backspacing and still achieve the same wide footprint as running 68.5” with 3.5” backspacing?

devwil68

I’m running 68.5” axles with the common 3.5” backspacing and I don’t like the exposed ball joints. I will be switching to something closer to 5” +\-. I cannot remember what Dynatrac said the max backspacing is but I believe it’s eother 5” or 5.5”. I thought the reasoning for the introduction of the 72” width was so you could run wheels with 5” of backspacing and still achieve the same wide footprint as running 68.5” with 3.5” backspacing?

I believe that to be the case as well. I’m waffling on the Chamber with 4” BS or the XD231 with 4.75” BS.

I like the Chamber better?!?!?!?

Top Bottom