PEOPLE SUCK!! Mitchel Caverns State Park Vandalized

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I had first visited Mitchel Caverns back when I was small boy. I was mezmorized by the fact that something so amazing like a limestone cavern could exist in the middle of the Mojave Desert. When I heard that the partk would be "moth-balled" earlier this year, I was saddened but, hopeful that it was a simply a temporary measure. Today, I just found that during it absence of park attendants, yahoos have wandered into the historic park and vandalized it.

68358882.jpg

Intruders cut fences, kicked doors off of hinges and shattered windows and display cases. They stole metal signs and survival gear, including hand-held radios, flashlights and binoculars. They also stole diesel-powered generators and ripped out thousands of feet of electrical wire used to illuminate the only natural limestone caverns in the state park system, San Bernardino County sheriff's investigators said.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-state-park-vandals-20120225,0,7688496.story?track=rss

It just frustrates me to no end how much PEOPLE SUCK!! :mad:

Moochie

Our state is governed by idiots who thought they could just lock the gates and walk away from a historical and beautiful part of the state park system. I didn't realize that this had happened. We just talked about visiting this area. What a shame.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
People like this ruin things for everybody and it just pisses me off. :mad: This wrong doing will catch up to them someday.

donyuma

I've seen this too many times, you go to an old ghost town or mine and next time you go back it's been burned ot torn up just for the entertainment of a bunch idiots. this is what hurts our love of offroading, someone will figure if we just close everything then it will be preserved.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Karma is a b$*ch and I'm sure they will get there's when she comes back around their way. It's ashame people do these things for entertainment instead of embracing and exploring the outdoors, and respecting it like we do.

Robar

The Enforcer
This is just plain ingnorance. Why do people need to act this way?

Because a lot of people are selfish inconsiderate fucktards that only care about their miserable thieving selves. These people do nothing outside of wasting valuable air that the rest of us would like to use. :naw:

Indefatigable

There are idiots all over.

Today we were out on a snow run near the border and well... at this point can't go into details, but suffice to say, the local police are expecting extradition application from the US for a person known to them. I think half the police force of the town went after him. Down a dead end road.

Karma came in the package of a bunch of wheelers with cell phones and DSLR cameras....

I will post pics and story when I am allowed

:)

Drumr90

This is just messed up. Why do people meed to mess up nice peices of nature. Here is a pic of somethin i saw on a hike the other week.

Attachments

• image-2098199067.jpg
    image-2098199067.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 43

Serg5000

My wife and I see stuff like that all the time. Not sure what these low life bastards are thinking.
It makes choosing a place to hike harder and harder. We want to see nature as pure as she is. But then we see this type of stuff and it really ruins the hike. People do suck!

Trail Bud

Hooked
I had first visited Mitchel Caverns back when I was small boy. I was mezmorized by the fact that something so amazing like a limestone cavern could exist in the middle of the Mojave Desert. When I heard that the partk would be "moth-balled" earlier this year, I was saddened but, hopeful that it was a simply a temporary measure. Today, I just found that during it absence of park attendants, yahoos have wandered into the historic park and vandalized it.

That's so bullshit, somebody needs to go hunting.......
People Suck!!!

Rentalkid

see Ed & Cindy this is why you should move to Utah:yup::clap2: stupid should hurt

Hightower

It's called the tragedy of the commons. Public lands will never be taken care of and protected as well as private land.

Top Bottom