Jk shock and spring combo

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’ve run both the Evo plush 4”s and the AEV 4.5”s. Currently, I’m running the EVO up front and the AEV in the back. It gives it a nice rake and the AEVs balance out all the gear and spare back there. I’m running 37s with full OEM fenders right now and minimal rubbing. Both are great, but depending on how much you trim your fenders, the AEVs will give you close to an inch more clearance. They run pretty tall when you install them but settle about a half inch in a year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rogerk93

I had 4inch Currie springs with my 40’s for some time. I did have to add a 1inch spacer in the back as for some reason Currie designed their springs to have a little less lift in the back then the front (that’s their reason they gave me for the sag in the back) so that spacer helps level it out. You will have rubbing in the back so get ready to do a good amount of trimming. I’ll take a picture later of how much of the pinch seam I cut and what I did to cover it up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure why you'd want TeraFlex shocks but be prepared to have them blow seals and break bar pins. Are you running trimmed fenders or flat fenders? If not, you're gonna need a LOT of lift to clear 40's and there aren't too many really tall coils that'd I'd recommend being that they tend to ride pretty harsh. Of course, TeraFlex makes a set but having run them in the past, I wouldn't recommend them.

Not sure why you'd want TeraFlex shocks but be prepared to have them blow seals and break bar pins. Are you running trimmed fenders or flat fenders? If not, you're gonna need a LOT of lift to clear 40's and there aren't too many really tall coils that'd I'd recommend being that they tend to ride pretty harsh. Of course, TeraFlex makes a set but having run them in the past, I wouldn't recommend them.

^^^This. It didn’t take long for my Teraflex shocks to go tits up. Since then I’ve been running fox reservoir shocks and they’ve taken a beating and are awesome. As far as coils...again take it from someone who IS running TF coils there are much better options and mine will be going bye bye when I go to coil overs next spring.

Top Bottom