2018 SEMA EXCLUSIVE - Dynatrac JL Wrangler ProRock 44

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While there have been a lot of improvements made to the all new JL Wrangler front axles, there are still aspects of that remain to be desired. Of course, the FAD is probably the biggest of them but I'd have to say the drain hole on the bottom of the differential is a pretty close 2nd. But, above and beyond that, who wus ouldn't want the ultimate strength and ground clearance that a Dyantrac ProRock 44 has to offer? Fortunately, here at the 2018 SEMA, they are releasing one made specifically for the JL and here is a short video highlighting it.

Thank you Dynatrac for making such an awesome axle and for giving us here at WAYALIFE the exclusive on this awesome release! :thumb:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Interesting. Using JK dimensioned gears. Does that mean they’re using the JK carrier too?

Looks like a nice unit. End forgings look great.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Love it. Interesting that they went with JK gears instead of JL ones, but his explanation makes perfect sense. Also cool that the axle comes with shafts included now.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Love it. Interesting that they went with JK gears instead of JL ones, but his explanation makes perfect sense. Also cool that the axle comes with shafts included now.

I haven't heard the audio on the video as I'm at work but I figure that to use the JL carrier would mean they would have to redesign the pumpkin which would increase the lead time before they could get a product to market.

WJCO

Meme King
I haven't heard the audio on the video as I'm at work but I figure that to use the JL carrier would mean they would have to redesign the pumpkin which would increase the lead time before they could get a product to market.

That may be a factor as well, but Jim said in the video that because the JK gears have proven themselves and are so easily available, that's why they stuck with them.

I'm guessing they include the shafts since the stock JL shafts wouldn't work with the JK gears/carrier?

The JL axle is wider so shafts are longer I'm assuming. Plus with the FAD being eliminated, it seems logical from a customer standpoint to just include the new shafts. Easy and bolts right in. At least that's how I see it.

BaddestCross

The JL axle is wider so shafts are longer I'm assuming. Plus with the FAD being eliminated, it seems logical from a customer standpoint to just include the new shafts. Easy and bolts right in. At least that's how I see it.

Right, I forgot they were different width. Yeah, with the FAD deleted, you'd need new shafts anyway. Better to sell a complete solution.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
The JL front also has higher splined shafts. So when using JK gears and carriers no choice.

It looks stout. I see a lot of folks cutting off that stabilizer bracket over time but it's awesome as will bolt right in. Nice work Dynatrac (except Tony, it's his fault these exist hahahaha)

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
The JL front also has higher splined shafts. So when using JK gears and carriers no choice.

It looks stout. I see a lot of folks cutting off that stabilizer bracket over time but it's awesome as will bolt right in. Nice work Dynatrac (except Tony, it's his fault these exist hahahaha)

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

So you're saying the new axle shafts have the 30 spline count like the JK? But I assume longer in length to fit the new housing?

Top Bottom