Is this a problem?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The amount of contact being made looks to be slight and so it's probably nothing to worry too much about but, if they're making contact like that, you might have your rear axle set too far back.

TheDuff

Is this only happening on one side? If so maybe adjusting the track bar a lil would fix it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So would new rear uppers allow me to adjust that or do I need rear lowers as well?

andrew -

Oh, you don't have either of them. Well, if that's the case, the position of your axle front to back may be okay. Still, adjustable upper and lower arms would help you to address this if you really wanted to.

Is this only happening on one side? If so maybe adjusting the track bar a lil would fix it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

It should only be happening on one side as the track bar relocation bracket is only on the driver side and that's what it's hitting. But, I think you might be on to something. Could be that the axle is shifted over to the driver side by just a hair. Unfortunately, an adjustable track bar wouldn't fix this as they typically cannot be shorted enough to make up the difference. For how minor the rubbing is, I might just leave well enough alone.

Oh, you don't have either of them. Well, if that's the case, the position of your axle front to back may be okay. Still, adjustable upper and lower arms would help you to address this if you really wanted to.

No I only have the ENFORCER kit as of now. I did notice though that the EVO trackbar bracket is different from what I have. Maybe replacing that might give me more clearance between the bracket and the shock.

IMG_20130309_145338_442 (800x600).jpg mine

EVO-REAR-RCC-01_medium.jpg EVO

LOOKS LIKE IT IS TIME TO UPGRADE/UPDATE...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No I only have the ENFORCER kit as of now. I did notice though that the EVO trackbar bracket is different from what I have. Maybe replacing that might give me more clearance between the bracket and the shock.

View attachment 19056 mine

View attachment 19057 EVO

LOOKS LIKE IT IS TIME TO UPGRADE/UPDATE...

Ah!! Well that would explain everything!! :cheesy:

Yeah, all this time I had assumed you were running an EVO bracket but clearly, what you have does not provide the clearance needed. :crazyeyes:

Ah!! Well that would explain everything!! :cheesy:

Yeah, all this time I had assumed you were running an EVO bracket but clearly, what you have does not provide the clearance needed. :crazyeyes:

Looks like someone is making a drive to Fullerton on Monday.... :icon_crazy:

Last edited:
So I took a ride to ORE this morning and talked to Jake and I should be good trimming the existing bracket down a bit to allow for more clearance. I figured that could be done, just wanted a professional second opinion.

I do think I am going to cut off the bracket that was welded on the axle and install the EVO roll center bracket. It will take some time and a few cut off wheels, but the clean look on the new bracket is worth it.

:beer:

Last edited:

MAMUT

So I took a ride to ORE this morning and talked to Jake and I should be good trimming the existing bracket down a bit to allow for more clearance. I figured that could be done, just wanted a professional second opinion.

:beer:

Good move. That's a lot of contact and eventually you would rub through the little stainless clamp for the reservoir.

Top Bottom