Hydrolock Engine?

DLowe27

So I was out wheeling today went into a hole that was deeper then expected. My Jeep died but would turn over the spark plugs are dry and I have drained oil. Now about to change plugs anything else I should do?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With the plugs out, try cranking your motor just for a moment. That'll force any additional water that might still be in there. Let it dry thoroughly before reassembling.

DLowe27

If my motor has a bent or rokerod has anyone ever done a Hemi swap? How much would something like that cost?

xflstl

6.4 VVT / 392 GO FOR IT !! Im waitin on DIY kit from AEV rt now for the 12+ :brows:

I have a 3.8 thats coming out of my Jeep this coming week for sale...... 1k, 1200.00 if you want the tranny to..... 19545 miles when dropped off at the shop for the hemi swap. you pay shipping

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You mean for the harness and install kit. You still have to get the motor and transmission. I think $12k is on the low end for a self-install. To have someone else do it, I think you are looking at a minimum of $20k depending on what motor you use.

Edit: everyone beat me to the punch.

Rock-itman

You mean for the harness and install kit. You still have to get the motor and transmission. I think $12k is on the low end for a self-install. To have someone else do it, I think you are looking at a minimum of $20k depending on what motor you use.

Edit: everyone beat me to the punch.

Yes the AEV kit is just the Harness some bent lines , their AI kit , motor mounts , rad upgrade w/ the list of all the other pieces youll need !!! The kit for 2011 and older are approx 5500$ depending on the engine you will provide ! So like said the kit is 5500$ engine crate around 7500$ extra parts aprox 4000$ is what DAN from BOR will tell you or KENT from AEV . So total will be around 16500 $ + or - then your hard 40- 60 hrs labor !!! Im doing the 392/6.4VVT from AEV myself . Goodluck :eek: Im still waiting for the public release of their (AEV) 12 + kit should be any day now , so im being told :icon_crazy:

seanb123

well don't i feel dumb geeze that's a lot haven't looked into it seriously just noticed it, didn't realize that's just the kit

Top Bottom