Can I run 35s without a lift?

Jeeper714

I currently have BW flat fenders on my 11 Sport 2dr and looking to finally go from stock tires to 315/75/17 Duratecs in a few weeks. Question is can I do this without a lift? My plan is to get the 2.5 RC coil lift by June so that is coming. I don't want to buy 33s only to dislike the look in a few months!

flotto

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362923562.833290.jpg

here's my 315 Duratracs on stock suspension. I had to cut the air dam some, big bumps or pot holes you will hit your fender some. but I'm lifting it this weekend, I've been driving this way for about 3 weeks. it's really not bad at all.

Great White JK

I've had the same size BFG all terrains on my Ruby for close to a year now with no problems. Just with four people in there I will get some rubbing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, with your BW fenders, you can do it but you'll still most likely need to trim your pinch seam in the rear.

MobyJR

You can do it. I am. Well, I'm running a 305 rather than a 315 but the measuring tape puts my tires at about 34 and a half. My rear tires are rubbing a little bit at the front of my inner wheel wells on my BW's. but other than that everything's fine. Ill be doing the teraflex 2.5 BB in the future. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362931955.218338.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362931981.631527.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362931998.864569.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362932026.064365.jpg

305/70R17

MobyJR

Also, I haven't trimmed my pinch seams. But in plan too as soon as I can get ahold of some jb weld and a sawzall.

jkmohican

You can also add different bump stops with the trimmed flares, but that would cost you some downward travel. I think a leveling kit and flat flares are doable to be able to go with no rubbing on road.

suicideking

You should have minimal problems on the street if you do some trimming. You won't want to wheel it until you get a lift though.

Even with a 2.5" lift, with 35's, I was hitting the front bumper. I hacked off the ends with a sawzal.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Like others have said you can do it just have to do a little modifications. I'm running true 35's for over 6 months and have trimmed the fenders and pinch seam and added spacers and it does pretty good except the ride is a little bumpy but hey it's a jeep. :D

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362942674.893304.jpg

Ray ⛺

Top Bottom