Best steering upgrade for 37’s?

Billybadass411

I have a 2017 Rubicon Recon that I just put 37’s on. Already did 4.88 gears, chromo shafts front and rear, drive shafts and Fusion 4x4 tierod.

Looking to further upgrade the steering for more power and reliability. I’m not sure weather to go for the PSC XD-II box and an upgrade draglink or if I should just jump straight to a PSC or other hydro assist kit.

I have read lots of threads around the interwebs about both systems and it seems everyone is happy with what they have. I’d love to hear what you have done and what you would do differently if you were to do it over again.

The Jeep is a daily driver, kinda, as I have others to drive. I want to keep it just as Streetable as it is now.

Usual wheeling areas are Big Bear, Callico and I have a Moab trip planned for 2019.

Thanks,
Chuck

Billybadass411

I am more being proactive. I haven’t had any death wobble with the current set up. I haven’t even gotten the Jeep out in the dirt since going to the 37’s from 35’s.

I will say, there were a few times on dishpan, in Big Bear and a few other spots where I could not turn the steering wheel because I was bound up. I would like to avoid that situation in the future.

fiend

Caught the Bug
If you are a decent with a wrench and stay on top of mechanical issues, I’d suggest a PSC ram set up. If you just want a shop to install something that won’t need much fussing, then the XD box and aftermarket drag link might be better for you.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, with that said and if you have money burning a hole in your pocket, I'd go with a PSC ram assist. That'll give you what you're looking for and more.

Billybadass411

Cool. Thank you.

One follow up question.

Any advice on a replacement axle side track bar bracket? Something designed to work with a ram would be great. If not, I’m sure I can fab something up. It would be nice if there was something out there proven to work.

wjtstudios

Hooked
With 37s, I run the XDllr and am happy with the performance. But you also need to buy an upgraded drag link which then you’ll be 3/4 of the way to a full hydro after you by the XDllr.

Billybadass411

PSC ram and synergy bracket. I love it.

This sounds like the route I’ll go.

Are you still happy on the street and do you still have a stock front axle housing? I’ll upgrade the housing when I need to. I know the extra caster will help. I don’t want a trailer Jeep, I already have one of those.

fiend

Caught the Bug
This sounds like the route I’ll go.

Are you still happy on the street and do you still have a stock front axle housing? I’ll upgrade the housing when I need to. I know the extra caster will help. I don’t want a trailer Jeep, I already have one of those.

I have the PSC ram, synergy drag link, and synergy TB bracket welded to a PR44 unlimited. Just did 400 miles on the highway today with one finger steering. Going wheeling on Sunday. It’s a solid set up if installed correctly and maintained.

jeeeep

Hooked
I have the PSC ram, synergy drag link, and synergy TB bracket welded to a PR44 unlimited. Just did 400 miles on the highway today with one finger steering. Going wheeling on Sunday. It’s a solid set up if installed correctly and maintained.

similar setup on my 2010, same driving ease and awesome on the trail :thumb:

Just watch how you route your hoses and check them yearly for chaffing. The one year I decide not to check, the chaffing had gotten bad enough I blow a hose on the trail :doh:

fiend

Caught the Bug
similar setup on my 2010, same driving ease and awesome on the trail :thumb:

Just watch how you route your hoses and check them yearly for chaffing. The one year I decide not to check, the chaffing had gotten bad enough I blow a hose on the trail :doh:

Been there done that. Small panic when hydraulic fluid spewed all over the hot exhaust manifold. Thankfully it did not ignite.

Top Bottom