Suspension recommendations for a 2012 JKU

Seahawkfan

Hooked
For that kind of coin I would be looking at coilovers . EVO ..Sure they are bit more and it would not have some of the components you have listed. Maybe spend a little more or save a little more and be one and done.

Exodus 4x4

EVO, JKS, Rancho, Synergy

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

^^^This. I’ll also throw Clayton Off-road out there. These are really the only suspensions we carry on our website because they are reputable and for the most part, made in the US. I’m pretty sure Currie is as well but at some point I just decided we had enough companies on our website and didn’t need to make it any harder for people to decide. EVO and Clayton both use the Currie Johnny Joints anyways, so it’s kind of like getting the same thing for less.

Aluminum (7075) control arms are not the devil, and I’ve considered building some for my JKU in an effort to start shedding some weight. If you have the money to burn then more power to you.

Out of all the suspension systems available for the JK on the market today, I heavily lean towards the EVO Enforcer. You can start with the Stage 1 and build on it as you go and feel you need to.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
So, I was looking at suspension kits for the JKU, and came up with nice looking Savvy kit.
https://savvyoffroad.com/product/ce-9807jce/
What'cha all think? It seems balanced and looks like it should perform well on and off road. Anyone have a better idea?

Needs to work on a dd and off road on, say, the Rubicon.

^^^This. I’ll also throw Clayton Off-road out there. These are really the only suspensions we carry on our website because they are reputable and for the most part, made in the US. I’m pretty sure Currie is as well but at some point I just decided we had enough companies on our website and didn’t need to make it any harder for people to decide. EVO and Clayton both use the Currie Johnny Joints anyways, so it’s kind of like getting the same thing for less.

Aluminum (7075) control arms are not the devil, and I’ve considered building some for my JKU in an effort to start shedding some weight. If you have the money to burn then more power to you.

Out of all the suspension systems available for the JK on the market today, I heavily lean towards the EVO Enforcer. You can start with the Stage 1 and build on it as you go and feel you need to.

Solid information, IMO. Give Exodus a call, before you buy.

StG58

JKS and Synergy I know about from the TJ world. I'll check EVO out, they're new to me.

So, lots of mention of EVO...what's the specs look like and how do they really compare?

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
JKS and Synergy I know about from the TJ world. I'll check EVO out, they're new to me.

So, lots of mention of EVO...what's the specs look like and how do they really compare?

If you’re looking at other options, Rock Krawler makes some nice kits. Also, it’s made in the U.S.A

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Specs? Comparison? As in what?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's one - a Rock Krawler joints vs. Johnny Joints pic that Ddays posted up a while back.

attachment.php

As you can see, there's no comparison.

If there's something else specific you'd like to see or know about, let us know.

Top Bottom