BDS Suspensions/lifts

CCTX50

Has anyone ever heard of BDS? My local off road shop promotes these and claim they are a great product. I have been on the BDS website and the warrantee appears to be the best on the market. The shop said they would install the 3" lift for $1300.00. I'm just not sure of the quality of lift/product. Any advise is appreciated.

I'm looking at getting a 3-31/2 lift and run 35's on my 2013 JKUR.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Before you go any further, you need to know that shops typically recommend whatever it is they have in stock and/or what'll give them the most profit. Now, this is not to say that BDS is a bad product, just that your shop may not have your best interst in mind. And, that doesn't necessarily make them bad, it's just the way things work in this world.

Having said all that, how big of a tire are you hoping to run and what kind of use will your Jeep see?

CCTX50

I understand that most shops have certain items that they push which will maximize their profits.

I am wanting to run 35's.

Off Road Specialties is the shop.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I understand that most shops have certain items that they push which will maximize their profits.

I am wanting to run 35's.

Off Road Specialties is the shop.

Okay, knowing that, I can tell you that you can run 35's with about 2.5"-3" of lift. If you're budget is on the low end, I would recommend that you just get a budget boost to get you there. The make for one of these is kinda irrelavant as they all do the same thing. I would also recommend that you NOT get a kit with the basic shocks that come packaged with it as they are often just old school hydro shocks and substandard to your factory shocks. If you can afford more, I might be able to help point you in some better directions and they may even include BDS as an option.

Sithwindu

4x4 specialties wanted o charge me 1200 out the door, south Texas 4x4 want to charge me 1080 (without steering stabilizer) for same kit, bds 3"coil lift.

Looking to do the same thing, want to get a lift that will clear 35's and hold up pretty well

Bds also offers fox shocks 2.0 upgrade to there brand shocks.
Heard fox shocks are good shocks. But I don't have any personal experience

But would it be the same to just get a coil spacer 2.5 and get fox shocks? Or do the 3" coil spring lift?

(Don't mean to hijack thread or anything)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you install a 3" lift or even a 2.5" budget boost with shocks that provide a lot more droop, you will have to address your front drive shaft if you have a 2012-up JK or a 2007-11 JK with an automatic. The best way to address it is to get a new aftermarket 1310 or 1350 shaft. Just something you should be aware of.

Top Bottom