Brake line question

Hawaii 5-0

I bought crown 2-3 inch extended brakelines to put on when I put my OME lift on.

My question is where does the longer pair of lines go? Front or rear? I'm sure I could figure it out once I removed old ones, but would like to know in advance.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Techincally, you'll want them both front AND rear. The rears need it more than the fronts though. Also, you should know that the front and rears typically come in different lengths. Also, if the lines you got have elbows as the caliper end, you need to know they typically come in a passenger side and driver side.

rtguy1

I bought crown 2-3 inch extended brakelines to put on when I put my OME lift on.

My question is where does the longer pair of lines go? Front or rear? I'm sure I could figure it out once I removed old ones, but would like to know in advance.

Put em up front if u only have one set. U will still need some type of brake line extension in the rear in the form of new lines or drop brackets.

rtguy1

Damn Eddie u are fast....lol. You must have that dragon voice dictation program or something. Lol:beer:

Hawaii 5-0

I bought the full set from crown- both front and rear. I was looking at the write up here and was unsure where the longest pair of replacement lines go. They were not marked in the shipping package. Thanks.

sempermarc

Eddie is there a best set of longer braided SS brake lines. My fronts keep rubbing the tires. I have pulled the away with a zip tie but that wont work when flexing. Seems like they should be bent away from the tires. Thanks

Techincally, you'll want them both front AND rear. The rears need it more than the fronts though. Also, you should know that the front and rears typically come in different lengths. Also, if the lines you got have elbows as the caliper end, you need to know they typically come in a passenger side and driver side.

jeeeep

Hooked
x2 been looking for driver and passenger side specific style so it keeps them from rubbing on the tires

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
if you put the ends together side by side, do either of them have a bend? i'll try to find a picture

jeeeep

Hooked
mine have the same bend on both...so one side is away, the other side into the tire..i know they make them just can't remember who

sempermarc

Both of mine are straight. I'm ordering new ones and I'm going to try and bend them a little with a tubing bender.

Top Bottom