Another ESP/BAS question

Firewrangler

Yesterday I went to check out some new hunting property and needless to say was in a little mud. On my way back home, a short time after hitting the interstate I heard the damn "ding". My ESP/BAS lights were on. Any thoughts?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any chance that you hit your tie rod on your trip? If so, that would put your steering wheel a bit off center and that would cause your computer to think you're in a slide.

MTG

Caught the Bug
It will be frowning at you. You could check your caster to be sure. But you could just see if your steering wheel is centered. Other suspect: speed sensor or ABS/ESP wires.

Sancho

Just a thought try unhooking the negative battery cable for a couple if min. And see if it resets....can't hurt

Firewrangler

Just noticed on my ride home from the work this morning that my steering wheel is a good bit left of center. Maybe centering my steering wheel will help.

Crush Rubicon

Mine went to dealer for something and my steering was off center and my cruise didn't work. Dealer said that the steering wheel being off center was the problem for the ESP and cruise control not working. Hopefully will get her back today.

MTG

Caught the Bug
WOL you have a thread on here for centering the steering wheel?

Loosen the two nuts on the draglink turnbuckle and rotate it one way or the other to center the steering wheel.

The write-up is probably in the alignment write-up.

Top Bottom